• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SGU Security Cam Footage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And to think, one vagina led to all that. Folks, she ain't worth it, no matter how much you love or hate her.

this dude had much deeper problems than just this one "vagina". He was one sick puppy.

I wish they'd reveal what is on the CVR. That looks like he's a full takeoff power. Why backup and then gun it into the jetway? Doesn't make sense.

I wish they'd reveal what is on the CVR. That looks like he's a full takeoff power. Why backup and then gun it into the jetway? Doesn't make sense.

And going into the back and shooting himself did? There is nothing about this that makes sense. Trying to apply logic to the state of mind that this guy was in is almost as crazy.

I bet he forgot the nosewheel steering and was loaded. Why would he back up a bit, and then decide to back up further if his only intent was to drive an airplane into a ditch.

Did going that deep into reverse "unload" the nose wheel WOW switch?? Im sure he wasnt concerned about a few "dings"... Then he tried to power forward and turn.... But did'nt notice the nose wheel was inop... Im afraid we will never know a complete time line of what happened...

I am surprised it went backwards. I once got a plane from mtc and when I landed the reversers would not stow. Came to a stop with tail still on the runway. Could not get the plane to move forward or backward. Had to get towed. The one thing I learned that day was plane won't move with TR's out no matter what the thrust was. And yes it was mx control permission.

Did going that deep into reverse "unload" the nose wheel WOW switch?? Im sure he wasnt concerned about a few "dings"... Then he tried to power forward and turn.... But did'nt notice the nose wheel was inop... Im afraid we will never know a complete time line of what happened...

There must be a CVR somewhere, no? I agree though probably his intent was flight and he was either too loaded/distracted/crazy to pull it off. A good thing, too, since who knows what he would have done with it once airborne.

It's worth noting that the major carrier 'partner' livery was painted over before the a/c was recovered.

Any lessons to be learned from that?

Latest resources

Back