Septoplasty?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPECJet

Anyone ever get this done? I just did, and looking for someone to tell me about how it went for them.

I had it done last year in conjunction with Sinus surgery. Not only do I breath better, but I haven't had a sinus infection since.

The recovery time was about a week. In reality, I was able to function just fine after a couple days. No pain at all and I had very little to no bleeding. The swelling went completely away in about a month.

Can’t remember the term but isn’t septoplasty done to correct a deviated septum? If so, I had it done 3 years ago along with tonsil removal, I have fewer infections now and when I do they don’t last as long. (At least it feels so). It took me almost three weeks to recover but it was mainly the tonsil part that was tough because of extended fever, otherwise I’m happy I did it!

Yeah, its to fix a deviated septum.

I got mine done Tuesday, and the right side of my nose is sore as all get out.

The first sneeze right after getting a nasal septoplasty is a near death experience! Don't try to hold it back, though...that's even worse! :eek:

AKAAB - Bi-nasal breathing since 1983!

AKAAB said:
The first sneeze right after getting a nasal septoplasty is a near death experience! Don't try to hold it back, though...that's even worse! :eek:

AKAAB - Bi-nasal breathing since 1983!

So true!! I think that's about the only time I actually bled. :crying:

Latest resources

Back