Senior Pilots Coalition Lobbies Against "60" Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
60 is enough

I always though when I turned 60, I would have to be pried out of the cockpit kicking and screaming. After a few years of retirement (even though the bucks are a lot less then I planned on), I can't imagine flying past 60.
Flying 2 back-to-back London trips getting in at 4am Eastern, I was ready for major R&R. By the time I recovered, it was time to hit it again.
Why on God's Earth would anyone want to push themselves for 5 more years? If you love to fly that much, get a job with Net Jets.

I always though when I turned 60, I would have to be pried out of the cockpit kicking and screaming. After a few years of retirement (even though the bucks are a lot less then I planned on), I can't imagine flying past 60.
Flying 2 back-to-back London trips getting in at 4am Eastern, I was ready for major R&R. By the time I recovered, it was time to hit it again.
Why on God's Earth would anyone want to push themselves for 5 more years? If you love to fly that much, get a job with Net Jets.

Kudos to you sir. Too bad these idiots can't get your rational thought process through their heads. Quite frankly given the current shape of many +60 candidates, it terrifies me that they will be the boss on ultra-long hauls over the pole.

Seriously. I started flying European trips after doing mostly domestic last year. Talk about tired and run down after every trip and I'm under 40!

No way I'll do this past 60. 58 is my goal. 55 would be even better! These idiots who want to do this crap past 60 are crazy...and pathetic.

I can understand guys/gals that have had sh!tty careers (like Us air guys) or guys who had a medical problem needing a few more years, but these swa 30 year multimillionars? That's crazy. Go get a hobbie please!

How is age 65 not discrimination???

I can understand guys/gals that have had sh!tty careers (like Us air guys) or guys who had a medical problem needing a few more years, but these swa 30 year multimillionars? That's crazy. Go get a hobbie please!

How is age 65 not discrimination, or is this just the beginning of fly until you die scenario, because no one is willing to walk away from the cockpit without a medical downing condition? I'm sure there are some 70 year olds willing and able to do the job. If it's just about the money and benefits, then make them SIC's and keep that valuable experience in the cockpit. Oh that's right, it's about the money and power.

Can somebody please explain to me why this isn't just called "Scabbing"?

If some lawyer and judge on the take say it's ok, doesn't make it correct.

Latest resources

Back