• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Selling ourselves short

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big problem with your strategies here--one of the biggest bottom feeders of them all IS a wholly owned.

You have touched on one of the biggest roots of our problem, though--misrepresentation by the majors to their passengers. I would call it downright fraud when my major partner prohibits me from saying the name of the company I really work for over the PA.

The government already prohibits fraud and misrepresentation; they are just bought and paid for to not prosecute in this case. If the fraud was somehow removed, then the free market would correct the imbalance, as passengers would gladly pay more for a ticket to ensure a more experienced crew.

It says it on the side of the plane, right? It says it on your ticket, "operated by..." If they don't choose to investigate, then it's the pax fault. Mainline can't run a 717 into Dothan profitably. So, they let Freeturd do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was referring to Jenny Leigh's post. She comes on here and spouts thevsame old cut-n-paste crap, forvyears now. Asvthough we don't know the Regional model sucks. And believe me, most of us are trying to move on to the majors.

On another note, saw Jenny Leigh's alter ego on the Regional board last night, Mercy Fate or whatever her name is. Watched for a few minutes and that screen name disappeared. A minute later GL screen name shows up on the Major board. coincidence? Doubtful.

Riiiight, there is no way two people can be on the same website a few minutes apart???? Freeturd, you are an Einstein! (Except for the part about going to Vietnam for SIC time...?????). Any chance you can get FE time in an Antanov turboprop in the Congo next? Idiot....

Bye Bye---General Lee

What's blah blah about that??..It's reality...look at it....wholly owned regionals better think smart, or they will disappear thanks to all the bottom feeders bidding to fly cheaper.....or lobby for some regulations requiring feeder airlines to be owned by the mother carrier...something along the lines of false representation on part of the airlines?...publicise the fact that low-ball airlines are flying around major partner's passengers...better get your ducks in a line..or more "Comairs" will happen...get yourselves stapled to mother's seniority list...

Most of these guys can't see the big picture, and want to hold on to the past, when the regionals had more leverage due to legacy BKs. They will ride this train down, and feel blindsided. Of course, a few like Freeturd and PBR have no other options.... The regionals are losing half of their fleets (50 seaters), and thanks to better times at the legacies, scope clauses won't be loosened too much, especially for anything larger than 76 seats. Then throw in the new hiring rules and fatigue rules, and things aren't getting better. That's the big picture....

Bye Bye---General Lee

scope clauses won't be loosened too much, especially for anything larger than 76 seats. Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope so you putz! But, every time there was a line, whether in bk or not, y'all allowed bigger planes for more money. RA knows that's all he has to do to get ya to erase that imaginary line Jenny, but I'll hold you to it not to allow any more big planes at the Regionals. Regardless of your spouting your crap on here, most of us are hoping to leave soon for better places soon, hopefully the majors. Can I get a rec from ya putz? ;)

You Putz! :rolleyes:

I hope so you putz! But, every time there was a line, whether in bk or not, y'all allowed bigger planes for more money. RA knows that's all he has to do to get ya to erase that imaginary line Jenny, but I'll hold you to it not to allow any more big planes at the Regionals. Regardless of your spouting your crap on here, most of us are hoping to leave soon for better places soon, hopefully the majors. Can I get a rec from ya putz? ;)

You Putz! :rolleyes:

Incorrect. The 76 seaters came during the BK, with Judge oversight. Since then, there has been the Joint Contract with the FNWA pilots, and then the recent 3 year contract. Neither of those two had larger planes given. Wrong. There were 70 additional 76 seaters allowed, but that was inexchange for ensuring 215 50 seaters would be parked (leaving 125 total 50 seaters), and 88 717s had to be on the property. The 70 additional 76 seaters were tied to the 717s arriving. That was a great deal! Fewer 50 seaters and RJs total, tied to mainline getting 717s that would cover 70/76 seaters, that were covering outgoing 50 seaters. And a year from now the 12th year Capt rate on the 717 (currently junior Capt has more than 12 years) will be $195 an hour, on the smallest plane mainline will have. Not bad Putz! When is your Vietnam Airlines ATR-72 FO interview anyway?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Incorrect. The 76 seaters came during the BK, with Judge oversight. Since then, there has been the Joint Contract with the FNWA pilots, and then the recent 3 year contract. Neither of those two had larger planes given. Wrong. There were 70 additional 76 seaters allowed, but that was inexchange for ensuring 215 50 seaters would be parked (leaving 125 total 50 seaters), and 88 717s had to be on the property. The 70 additional 76 seaters were tied to the 717s arriving. That was a great deal! Fewer 50 seaters and RJs total, tied to mainline getting 717s that would cover 70/76 seaters, that were covering outgoing 50 seaters. And a year from now the 12th year Capt rate on the 717 (currently junior Capt has more than 12 years) will be $195 an hour, on the smallest plane mainline will have. Not bad Putz! When is your Vietnam Airlines ATR-72 FO interview anyway?

Bye Bye---General Lee

No response blubber boy? If you are real nice, I bet Uncle Steve will take you to work and let you watch while he cleans the plane at the end of the day...

It says it on the side of the plane, right? It says it on your ticket, "operated by..." If they don't choose to investigate, then it's the pax fault.
The plane looks like a Delta plane, and my company's name is now in microscopic 12pt type. I can barely read it during a walk-around--trust me, no pax can read it. The "operated by" on the ticket is also much smaller than the DELTA and is not intended to be focused on.

Trust me, if the passengers had any idea they were flying on a bottom-feeder airline that employed street captains with two DUIs and five check-ride busts, sitting next to some foreigner FO with zero experience who couldn't get hired at even a respectable regional, most would cancel their reservation.

But most pax buy into the illusion that they're sold and assume that "Connection" just means the smaller planes that Delta owns and operates.

The plane looks like a Delta plane, and my company's name is now in microscopic 12pt type. I can barely read it during a walk-around--trust me, no pax can read it. The "operated by" on the ticket is also much smaller than the DELTA and is not intended to be focused on.

Trust me, if the passengers had any idea they were flying on a bottom-feeder airline that employed street captains with two DUIs and five check-ride busts, sitting next to some foreigner FO with zero experience who couldn't get hired at even a respectable regional, most would cancel their reservation.

But most pax buy into the illusion that they're sold and assume that "Connection" just means the smaller planes that Delta owns and operates.

Foreigner FO with no experience??? I have never flown with one of those. However, I have flown with lots of US born and raised ERAU rich boys with 250 hours and no experience...not possible anymore due to new regs...but I have flown with lots of them in the past ten years...
Oh...and unfortunately 99.99 percent of passengers don't care who is up front. All they care about is how much they pay for a ticket.

Ask Jenni how are the 717 doing? In VPS an PFN they are always in MX and fly out with 60 open seats. I guess that's making money, if not why do they keep sending the 7O in as backup. I got rerouted 3 times in a 4 day (this weekend) to cover them. Great airplane 717 seem not to be...

Latest resources

Back