Security Trainer jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

outofAAjob

I sent my resume in yesterday and got a call right away to become a Security Trainer until 11/19, the deadline for all airports to comply. It's very good money especially for a temp job. The recruiter I spoke with said they have about 600 instructors that are furloughed pilots. My question is, does anyone who is currently doing this job have any info on it? Until yesterday I had heard nothing about this and now I'm hired! I am surprised that with 600 furloughed pilots I don't know of anyone who is doing this. Any info about the program, working conditions, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks

I know of a few furloughees that are either working as instructors or are starting the training process next week. You train in OKC for about a 1 and 1/2 weeks before you are sent out on your assignments. Be prepared to be on the road for a long time. Travel and hotels are paid for. I believe that you are paid $500.00 a day. Not bad if you don't have a job.

sayagain?

Seven instructors came to train my class when I started with the TSA. Of the seven, three were furloughed airline pilots from Delta, Northwest and United. Another instructor was a F/A that took an early retirement. They all said they enjoyed the job and the money. Good luck.

Just got a call. Start on Sunday. Five hundred a day plus 38 perdiem (reimbursed later). Two fifty a day on travel days. They airline you where you need to go and pay the hotel as well. Almost sounds too good to be true, asked a lot of questions and haven't found the catch yet. Only catch to needing days off is you have to take the entire week off.

Yes, that's exactly how I felt. This has got to be to good to be true. I guess the catch is being gone and not going home on the weekends even. See you in class.

Have no idea. My buddy just called and he has reservations in the Hilton in OKC.......not too bad.

There are two groups being talked about. One is the Lockheed Martin group, although they may be working under a different name. They are the ones paying $500 a day. I think Lockheed got $120 Million (or something close to that) to do the training. The other is the Mobile Screening Force (MSF) these are the TSA employees (most of these jobs were posted on monster.com) that travel around and take over the checkpoints while the locals are being training. Then when the locals are trained the MSF's move on to different airports. The people are that are training the local TSA screeners are the ones making the $500 a day. Great pay for temp work. I wish I could do it too!

Okay... I'll bite.

So where exactly does one apply for one of these positions?

Thanks in advance.

RightBettor

Latest resources

Back