• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Second US Launch Customer for 787

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole thing got started when some guy jocked his paycheck. After that, everyone started poking fun at the other. Ultimately, we are all making fun of another airline and its harmless fun. Although a few came in at the 7th inning and took it personal. Oh well.

Last edited:
It seems like most of the threads involving SWA turn into name calling lately, no matter who started it.

I chalk it up to the general tension in the industry and possibly boredom.

But it does get a little old after a while.

In that case, I guess we'll just have to continue flying our "commuter" jets for more $ than all those "big airline" guys in the wide bodys.

another cocky SWA FNG...those widebody pilots were making a lot more than you back before 9-11...you wanna bet SWA mgt will be coming for your share??

Let me do something unusual for this website and certainly amongst our ranks:

I apologize to all the SWA people that I besmirched for no reason.

This string was started as a harmless joke about showing a 787 in SW colors and I make it into a SWA slamming event by making a stupid remark about commuter airlines and then follow that up with rhetoric about pay and benefits at SW. All this just because someone posted a 787 in SW colors. Perhaps a bit of fear on my part.

These last few postings say more about me than any comment I made. I need to get out of this industry. Again my heartfelt apologies to all I offended for no reason.

Peace.

that'd be one expensive type to have to buy.

The second launch costomer? There can be only one launch costomer.

Sometimes there can be.

CAL was the first US launch customer on the 787 becuase they were the first US airline to order it. The press releases....etc all named CAL as the US launch customer for the 78.

Then NWA ordered the 78, taking earlier delivery dates for the 787 so now they are considered the US launch customer by virtue of the earlier delivery date.

And what's with all the Southwest hate on this board? No one can deny they are a well run airline and if you like that kind of flying, its a good job.

Its not like they are J.O.'s Mesa. Bashing them I can certainly get on board with.

Last edited:
Sometimes there can be.

CAL was the first US launch customer on the 787 becuase they were the first US airline to order it. The press releases....etc all named CAL as the US launch customer for the 78.

Then NWA ordered the 78, taking earlier delivery dates for the 787 so now they are considered the US launch customer by virtue of the earlier delivery date.
Nope. There can only be one. CAL was the original launch customer. Now NWA will be the launch customer.

And what's with all the Southwest hate on this board? No one can deny they are a well run airline and if you like that kind of flying, its a good job.

Its not like they are J.O.'s Mesa. Bashing them I can certainly get on board with.
I never bashed on SWA. I just said that bad things can happen to any airline. Hopefully Southwest will be a great airline for many more years but nobody knows for sure.

Not that it matters, but NWA had the order in for quite awhile, over a year+ before it was leaked. They were trying to hide it during concessions talk. L.A. Times leaked the story and NWA quickly admitted to the orders.

Last edited:
This is like beating a dead horse at this point but whoever gets the plane on property first is the launch customer. There can only be one.

Its like saying the guy who comes in 2nd place is the second guy to come in 1st place. Huh???

The original poster knew he was wrong but instead of admiting it he thought it would make more sense to point out that I spelled customer wrong.

You can lead a horse to water...

Anyways, there are more important things to worry about.

airline pride kills me.... so dumb in so many ways- fly for who you want.

For many it's not about the airline but rather the type of flying. If I am not doing International flying then I rather be flying a J-3 Cub. Flying multiple legs domestic is not for me and I would get out of the flying business if that was my only option.

But flying domestic works for many guys and gals and I hope they enjoy their careers at Southwest.

Latest resources

Back