Seaplane possible in the midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skygrl

Anyone know of any place relatively close to the Chicago area to get a Seaplane rating?

Seems like something I want to do, but don't really have the means to go down to Florida and do it.

Thanks!

In case you haven't been there, the Seaplane Pilot's Association training page can be found HERE . There are links on the left column for training facilities and instructors.

On Edit:
HERE is a link to more info on the school that Andy mentioned above.

Last edited:
Did mine in Traverse City, Mi. as well. Guy named Tom Brady. He has a Piper Super Cruiser on Floats and is priced right. Very casual and laid back. I considered it a vacation more than anything else. At the time it was $595.00 could be more now.

throttlejockey

Tom Brady is still in Traverse, and still charges around $600 for the rating. I have his number somewhere if you need it.

Try waukegan wings, they have or had a new 182 on floats, or at least they did 2 years ago. I only know because I won a ride in it, but never used the coupon. DUH! ummmmmm, I wonder if I could still use it 2 years later.

Also try this, I say this on the pilots board out at Dekalb about a month ago. all it says is "Seaplane rating call: 231-775-6641
I don't know anyting about it, just thought i'd pass along the number.
I hope any on that helped.

I just did mine in September up at Quad Cities SPB with Jim Goetsch. Great guy and very knowledgable instructor. I think he still may be doing ratings as long as the weather holds out. PM me if you want more info.

Latest resources

Back