Scheduling Software

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Homeless Pilot

I have been charged with finding a company use pilot/aircraft scheduling software and associated hardware for my company. (ie. server, etc) Does anyone have any info to offer? I have looked about the internet, but have not really found anything useful.

Our company uses a program called FOS. It's quite powerful, but I don't really know all of the in's and out's of it.

Check out their website:

www.cta-fos.com

We also use FOS. A great program, and can do so many things. For example, if 2 flights are scheduled back to back without adequate rest periods in between, it will inform you. These types of things are great in my opinion.

From what I understand, there are training classes available on how to learn the in's & out's.

FOS by CTA is definitely the best scheduling program on the market. This company has been in existence since the early 80's, and is always on the forefront of technology, as well as keeping up with the needs of its customers.

Speaking of customers, take a look at their client list, both part 91 and part 135. I think the names you will see there speak volumes as to the abilities of the system. The system is without a doubt the most comprehensive and intuitive package out there.

And with CTA having announced a partership with a training company to provide on-site training to its customers, the only hole in the entire company has been plugged.

Oh, and did I happen to mention, I REALLY like the system :) .

FOS by CTA is definitely the best scheduling program on the market. This company has been in existence since the early 80's, and is always on the forefront of technology, as well as keeping up with the needs of its customers.

Speaking of customers, take a look at their client list, both part 91 and part 135. I think the names you will see there speak volumes as to the abilities of the system. The system is without a doubt the most comprehensive and intuitive package out there.

And with CTA having announced a partership with a training company to provide on-site training to its customers, the only hole in the entire company has been plugged.

Oh, and did I happen to mention, I REALLY like the system :) .

Run a trial on the various programs. FOS is by far not the best out there. If you like 45 windows open on your screen, go with FOS. FOS seems like a web-based program from when the internet first started - it's quite lame and difficult to navigate. You could likely build an excel spreadsheet that would be easier to use and only open one windown over FOS's numerous windows needed just to see what time a trip leaves. FOS..much to be desired.

Latest resources

Back