Scenic Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Saw that Scenic Airlines is advertising for pilots to be located in "Carbondale"...I assume that would be Illinois ? Anyone know what a Vegas carrier would be doing in Illinois with Otters ?

Did a search on Scenic but found no current info. What's the deal with them? Are they solvent now and how are the labor relations these days ? Seems to be a lot of these types of problems in the past.

Thanks.

So, does this mean there are no current Scenic guys willing to comment ?

Where did you see this posting at? I've not found it just about anywhere. What equipment were they advertising for?

Saw it on planejobs.com recently...

Why do I want it ? Everybody has to be someplace...flying an Otter might be fun...

Yeah, but we still don't what the deal with Carbondale is. Is Scenic adding aerial tours of beautiful central Illinois?

Would you be willing to post more about the posting on Plane Jobs?

I can't imagine they'd be doing scenic flights of the Shawnee National Forest!

The posting on planejobs.com didn't really say much....Scenic hiring captains for its 121 DHC-6 operation...Carbondale...DHC-6 experience preferred....fax resume....same requirements as on the website...yadda, yadda, yadda. Maybe there's a Carbondale, NV !!

I have no idea what an EAS contract is. Can you enlighten me ?

EAS normally stands for essential air service. Basically the government pays a certain dollar figure to an airline to fly into a city that would not be profitable otherwise. Most of the EAS is 19 seaters. Maybe Scenic has found another source of income.

Latest resources

Back