Sarin Gas found in Iraq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Addendum

Apparently this round was an older-style Soviet type round that is designed to explode in an air-burst, and mixe the chemicals together to form Sarin. The chemicals were kept seperate to make handling safer. The improvised nature of the explosives designed to set the round off on the side of the road had little effect in mixing the chemicals, so very little actual Sarin was released, but it still exposed a few individuals. Apparently the persons who set the bomb off either A) didn't know it was a chem warhead, or B) didn't know how to actually set the thing off properly.

Saddam Hussein had a large stockpile of these types of older technology Soviet rounds. He had declared that all of them were destroyed. They are still trying to find out where this round came from, and if there are any more. It's quite possible the rounds were taken and buried (as they were done here in the US in the 1970s, until the DoD required the sites to actually be cleaned up and the rounds destroyed), or stored in some random warehouse...who knows?

Come on, HueyPilot-

There were never any WMDs in Iraq, and Bush's war is illegal and unjust! ;-)

Well,

You know, Bush lied about WMDs, and directed the CIA to make up the WMD threat...despite the fact that intel had been briefing us in the military of Saddam's secret WMD threat even when I was an Army helo pilot in 1996...

That's right.

And Bill Clinton was secretly involved, and was seen flying from Arkansas to Texas in a black helicopter so that this deception of WMD's could be perpetrated on the American people so that we could steal all of the Iraqi oil.

It should all be just about gone by now, shouldn't it?

:D

Timebuilder said:
...deception of WMD's could be perpetrated on the American people so that we could steal all of the Iraqi oil...

well if we have all the oil, why did i pay $2.05 yesterday?:D :eek:

WAIT!

You got it all wrong! Wasn't Rumsfield JUST OVER THERE? He planted it! It is so obvious. And that Mustard gas the the military found a few weeks ago wasn't mustard GAS, it was just mustard! It was used on hot dogs for school kids.
I still say Bush and Rumsfield need to resign. And the Pope, him too. And all student body presidents from all the high schools in Texas. I am sure they were in on it too.

And Bill Clinton was secretly involved, and was seen flying from Arkansas to Texas in a black helicopter
Clinton knows how to fly a helicopter or he was riding in one?

One shell with Sarin gas and we have justification for war. Wow!
It was known, that Saddam had been in possesion of gas, used it on the kurds, so finding one shell or a hundred for that matter, still does not make Iraq an imminent threat to the US.

Remember the talk about ability to strike the US within mere hours, a claim made by the british. Hmm, whatever came of those or where they planning on firing an artillery round from Iraq to Washington with that fancy canon of theirs.

I hear several countries have large quantities of Hydrogen Peroxide, better attack now, it can be used as rocket fuel.

One shell with Sarin gas and we have justification for war. Wow!

We never need one shell, nor a MILLION shells, to justify going in. We had that already when Sadaam broke the peace agreement.

Remember the talk about ability to strike the US within mere hours, a claim made by the british. Hmm, whatever came of those or where they planning on firing an artillery round from Iraq to Washington with that fancy canon of theirs.

All they woould need to do that woould be an ICBM purchased fro North Korea or some former soviet generals.

Or, an airplane obtianed in Boston.

Remember how easy that was?

I hear several countries have large quantities of Hydrogen Peroxide, better attack now, it can be used as rocket fuel.

Or hair color for Hillary. Attack now!!!

:D

Latest resources

Back