• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Ryanair (Europe)

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Any Americans working at Ryanair please send me a PM.

Alltheway

Total Time
legal
Im interested in this myself, but having the whole right to work in the European union problems

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Get married to a EU chick. Tell you what though, if you have the type + hours for street captains, they will sponsor you for your workpermit.

BORAT

Registered Abuser
Total Time
yes
Try Brookline Aviation or something like that. They do the hiring in the states for Ryanair. Getting a VISA is no sweat if they want you.

HOURBUILDER

flyingsaucer
Total Time
dont you need your JAA license to go to Ryan air?
i am a european citizen with FAA license

Kenny

Total Time
I looked at doing this about 12 months ago and was told that although Ryanair was taking non-JAR licensed pilots, they had stopped because they had too many FO's but not enough Capt's.

They also told me that a type wasn't enough, you had to have time in the 73, preferably the NG if you wanted to be considered for the DEC.

If you wanted to go the FO route, they would validate your FAA certs and give you 12 months to get the JAR license. No upgrade until you had that little green JAR license.

Oh, and Ryanair do not consider the CL65 of any variant a JAR 25 aircraft!