Rvsm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIVSP

Gents, Looking for the requirerment for RVSM recurrent training. Initial has been completed. Thanks

I have not been able to locate a specific time period required by regulation, however, our FSDO would not approve our RVSM manual without a 2 year recurrent stipulation. Check your RVSM manual. If there is a requirement stated there, you must comply.

I was happy with Scott IPC. But it was bundled with Int'l. procedures.

Check with them to see if you can do it separately online.

TC

Our FSDO says RVSM training is a one time deal. Complete initial and you're good for life, no recurrent required.

Hummm... I'd like to see the reg on that AND hear what operators have to say.

Every time I've been through recurrent, I've gotten RSVM.

Not saying your FSDO guy is wrong but I'd get a ruling from the booth before heading into the jaws of SAFA without it. ;)

TC

Hummm... I'd like to see the reg on that AND hear what operators have to say.

Every time I've been through recurrent, I've gotten RSVM.

Not saying your FSDO guy is wrong but I'd get a ruling from the booth before heading into the jaws of SAFA without it. ;)

TC

I believe to operate in Europe, you need recurrent RVSM training? I have no idea, we don't operate over in that part of the world. But you also need recurrent int'l operations training as well. I wouldn't want to face a SAFA check without it either.

To operate domistically, there's nothing in the regs (Part 91, Appendix G) that say you're required to attend recurrent RVSM trainining. If it's in your manual, you've committed yourself to attending. When I got our latest RVSM manual approved by the FSDO, they used a certificate of training for RVSM from eight years ago, it's all I could produce. That's when I was told by our POI if you've attended RVSM training once, that's all that's required.

Again, we're just North and South America operators, so we stay fairly close to home, no ocean crossings...... yet. Looks like the regs are more stricter over there. :D

Latest resources

Back