• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor-SKW Ron Reber???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the question i have is why so many sapa reps become chief pilots so quick. makes me wonder who they represent.
and the answer is BA, ex fresno chief

You're just a little bitter you weren't awarded that position. When BN mentioned you had put in for it, I was ROTFLMAO!:laugh:

Your right, there is a conspiracy and I must just be a part of it. Dually noted.

Ummm...I never applied for any CP job here. If BN or any other CP talked about who was applying for it, it just goes to show how poor their management skills are. It is considered poor form to talk about that type of thing. It is one reason I have no interest in being a CP here. They really are not CPs, they are there to stand up for the company. There are a couple who have bucked that trend, but in general, that is what they are. The bummer is, most people in that job start out with hope of actually taking care of the pilots, but upper management forces them to be hatchet men for the company. Most of our CPs are good people, they just lack management experience and training. I dont beleive that the company sends them to any sort of formal training when given the job, could be wrong though.

you said that you have no intention of becoming a cp for skywest, does that mean that you are considering moving on?

The same thing happens at other airlines, including ASA. The man who headed up the negotiating committee for ALPA became our system chief pilot shortly afterwards. Grievance comm. members have become chiefs as did our captains rep.

The reason simply seems to be that they know the rules and can speak with authority for both labor AND management. It is a little one man conspiracy that works for management.

For example, contract plainly says that after three continuous duty overnights the pilot will be assigned NO MORE FLYING until days off. Management thinks this is too easy and they are short, so they intentionally violate the contract by giving a pilot another day trip after three CDO's. A grievance is filed by the pilot and the matter goes to a hearing.

At the hearing the company's side is presented by their current chief pilot who happened to also be the same guy who negotiated the agreement for labor. On the Pilot's side is pilot rep who wasn't even on the property when the contract was negotiated.

The management rep says, "yeah, I know that is what the contract says, but that is not really what we meant. We meant that after three CDO's the pilot would not be assigned another CDO. I was there and I negotiated the deal - you can trust me." The Pilot's rep repeats the clear contract language and loses.

That is one reason SAPA and ALPA leaders are attractive to management. No one can screw a pilot like another pilot.

In other news, ASA apparently cleaned house at the General Offices today. Confirmation pending, but some very senior managers apparently got an unpleasant surprise. No one knows what it means, but I for one am surprised that ASA would create waves at some of these positions because I can't imagine the FAA likes surprises at the level they interact with the Company. But what do I know, I'm just a line guy.

In other news, ASA apparently cleaned house at the General Offices today. Confirmation pending, but some very senior managers apparently got an unpleasant surprise. No one knows what it means, but I for one am surprised that ASA would create waves at some of these positions because I can't imagine the FAA likes surprises at the level they interact with the Company. But what do I know, I'm just a line guy.[/quote]

I'm going to have to call balderdash on that one. Unless fins has contacts at the GO, nobody I spoke to knew or heard anything about this today.

$$$500.00 on Kamp

Skywest Inc will use ASA as a feeder for Virgin. That's why they appear to be shutting down ATL. You heard it here first!

I wonder if we can non-rev on Virgin for a nominal fee?

Looks like it could be a better deal than Skywest hose-your-buddy passes and uniteds oil/fuel/tax fees? Also the long awaited but not happily anticipated dunking of Delta fees to fly. Plan and Travel on your last free Delta flights before June. Looks like that Free Venice trip won't happen this year.
Delta was good for non-rev, now were going to take a paycut. Meanwhile Delta employees will bump ASA/OO employees and enjoy the view from the jumpseat as well.

Where is CFIT when we need rumors confirmed?

What is Ron R.'s cell number?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back