Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I need more TT

Willy21 said:
I second what SkiandSurf says, if you have the mins get your stuff in now. I put my stuff in last Jan and due to my domicile pref. I am just now getting the interview. If you wait like I did you first domicile choice might fill up or something else and you could wait like me. Best of luck.

I need more time. Will apply at 2500. If I haven't made captian yet I have to go get my ATP. Not cheap on 121 pay. I will do it though.

A-V-8 said:
I need more time. Will apply at 2500. If I haven't made captian yet I have to go get my ATP. Not cheap on 121 pay. I will do it though.

I know of several guys here who have paid for their own ATP because they couldn't upgrade at their last employer.

Good luck to you.

Just heard this rumor out on the road last week also. Rumors come and go here, but I hope this one pans out.

As for the trouble in training topic, FSI instructor was telling me this six months ago. As posted above, it seems to be the guy that retires off the 67/57 and has issues keeping up with the training pace and the other end of the spectrum, young Maverick wanna-be with bad attitude.

A year ago I had a NJ management type sit in on my oral. He told me that later off the record that he was there mainly to observe the FSI guy. According to him FSI was pushing guys through that then went to the line and had trouble. Take it for what it's worth.

Maybe the fact that we make out newhires wait 3-6 months before they get in the airplane after FSI is a factor

What is the issue? Backlog in training for certain airplanes? Do you collect a paycheck during that time?

NJApilot said:
That's a possibility, although it won't be a factor for much longer. Once the new changes to NJA training begin to take effect (within the next couple of months), the typical 3-6 month break before actually flying the plane should (in theory) evaporate.

In "theory" is the key sentance here. We will see, I have money that the time off at home will be moved to a different part of the training process. Time will tell.

Hogprint said:
A year ago I had a NJ management type sit in on my oral. He told me that later off the record that he was there mainly to observe the FSI guy. According to him FSI was pushing guys through that then went to the line and had trouble. Take it for what it's worth.

I hear NJA is starting to demand accountability...led by the UTC, I've no doubt, and are going to be insisting that they get their money's worth. The new programs are being well received from management and pilots. Kudos to the hard working UTC pilots! Good article in the Compass (emagazine on the board) for those looking for more information.
NJW

Based on what I've read... NJA does not necessarily need to home base a pilot. For pilots that are assigned to a domicile which is not within driving distance, how are they expected to commute to work? In the airlines, jumpseat agreements really help out commuters, but I have no idea how it works for the fractionals. Does the company buy a ticket? Is the pilot expected to move? Is there a commuter clause to help protect commuters?

I'm taking a serious look at the fractionals, and this is something I have NO CLUE about so any info would be appreciated.

Skyward80

Commuting for a frac job is much more difficult and pilots have far less help. The company is placing all new hires into the domicile system now. Only those on property prior to the Nov '05 CBA ratification have home basing. NJA expects pilots to live at the assigned domicile, but realizes some will choose to commute. The pilots are given an advance-notice show time and expected to be at the domicile ready to go --either fly a NJ plane or airline to one--at the appointed time. The only help the commuting pilots receive from the company is a deal that is open to all pilots. On the last day of the tour the company will buy the pilot's ticket to another city (other than the domicile or home-base) and the pilot is charged the difference (if any) in price from what the domicile/home base destination would have cost. Obviously that helps the pilots who flew to the domicile, but not those who drove there.

There are arrangements guaranteed in a LOA that allow pilots in same seat same fleet to swap domiciles and the company must now open up any new domicile opening for bidding before offering it to a new hire. I dislike the domicile system and encourage all those interested in NJA, if not for the domicile issue, to let the company know that was the show-stopper. Perhaps enough negative feedback will force them to rethink what appears to be a system without merit.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your decision-making process.
Netjetwife

PS

Latest resources

Back