• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh sweet baby jesus tell me this is true. I think it would be chicken soup for the Airtran soul to see Jenny from Dallas tell Latisha from college park that she is not worthy.
Oh yes I would love that sooooo much. Please if you happen to see this train wreck please put your phone to video and capture it for all to see.

Oh sweet baby jesus tell me this is true. I think it would be chicken soup for the Airtran soul to see Jenny from Dallas tell Latisha from college park that she is not worthy.

Oh, great! Now I've got to clean up all this coffee that just shot out of my nose. :laugh:

First: First person anecdotes have very limited value in framing an accurate portrait of reality. Second and third person accounts are completely worthless and often agenda driven sensationalism.

Second: As a Southwest guy, I strongly urge everyone to kill this "RSW" thing. I don't like the way it reflects on my new co-workers, but I especially don't like the way it reflects on me.

FWIW, I've flown with several FAT pilots and FAs in the last few weeks. All have been awesome employees, and several have commented to me (first person) that every "RSW" employee been absolutely awesome to them.

We have our 10% like everyone else, but the vast majority of our folks realize that this entire thing was beyond ANY of our control and that the golden rule is #1....... Same with the FAT folks I've run into.......

BTW, Do I need to get rid of my RSW bag tag and parking pass (well, the parking pass will be useless in a few months)....

(I've been battling the RSW commute for over 2 decades now) ;)

I'm not in any way defending harassment, but I will tell you that there is definitely a certain amount of hazing especially during your first year at SWA. As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees. Just know that everyone at SWA has experienced the same thing and that it will get better, but the first year is definitely rough as a new hire, and YES that is how AirTran Employees crossing the partition are being looked on as at this point.

Yeah, I am hoping against hope that certain parts of the "hazing" rituals return with the arrival of the FAT folks...... ;)

As a pilot I was constantly harassed by our F/A's especially for being the FNG during my first year. They would either look at my Employee Number or my shiney new crew bags and start right in. IMO, it was completely stupid, immature, and unprofessional, but I discovered for better or worse that it is a part of the SWA culture that seems to be accepted by a majority of the Employees.

I have to agree with you on this stupid "FNG" stuff that happens at SWA. For some stupid reason many of our Employees, from every workgroup, believe your flying career begins at Southwest Airlines. It is the glance at your employee number that begins the ridiculous bombardment of the same stale jokes, or the help on "doing things at an Airline for the first time" quips.

Unfortunately, it also applies to some in the flightdeck. A friend of mine, who was a checkairman at his last carrier, told me about the help he got from a Captain during his first few months here. After they pushed back he told him "Now you contact Ground Control", he looked at him and said "Really?, wow thanks".

Yeah, I am hoping against hope that certain parts of the "hazing" rituals return with the arrival of the FAT folks...... ;)

Oh yeah! :eek: :beer:

First: First person anecdotes have very limited value in framing an accurate portrait of reality. Second and third person accounts are completely worthless and often agenda driven sensationalism.

Second: As a Southwest guy, I strongly urge everyone to kill this "RSW" thing. I don't like the way it reflects on my new co-workers, but I especially don't like the way it reflects on me.
+1. Agreed!

The terms "RSW" and "FAT" divide rather than unify. Furthermore, the latter is derogatory to say the least. If one must have labels, then using something neutral such as "OAT" (Original AirTran) would be somewhat better.

No AirTran employee is a new hire. Even though we've had some seniority stolen from us, we come in with full date-of-hire longevity. So whomever is thinking about hazing better think again. Now, as for the good part, which is not hazing at all, but rather the bestowing of certain, umm..gifts..as a time honored tradition....oh yeah..bring it.

Last edited:
I call BS on this story. Don't we all have something meaningful going on in our lives that we could be dealing with instead of continually dividing groups up to fight each other. Let's concentrate on doing things better then the compitition rather than knocking our fellow co-workers down a knotch or two.

this is a story told by someone with an agenda, sorry, I don't see or hear any of this stuff happening out there.

No AT person is a new hire just new to SWA. I have had awesome inneractions with AT folks that have come over already. I always make it known I buying the drinks! This breaks the ICE! Their is no reason why they should feel unconfortable. Im ready to have a good time!;)

Latest resources

Back