RJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Soulfly

Curiuos, How many carriers have been pulling down a significant number of RJ's?
Seems to me with fuel as high as it is, those aircraft can't be very profitable.

Coex

I use to work for XJT and I know the key to RJs making money had a lot to do with the market and the yield of the route, i.e. ALB to EWR was around $800 (during the unlimited amount of time I spent talking to customers during the ground stops that number came up often) and that was in 06. Mexico was another money maker because of the yield. That said oil was also at 55 to 60. I have no idea anymore what type of yield they get and how $90 a barrel for oil (except that it is not good) is affecting the profitability of the rjs but my guess is the fact that they want them out of EWR probably says a lot.

hopefully all of them......that would be a great start!

The majors are at Max capacity with RJ's on some routes...time for the 320,737,MD...to come back!

I agree, and time for labor to throw in scope reversal (90 and 70 seaters back to mainline pilot groups, regardless of seats installed) in along with their "we want _________ or we'll burn the mother down" demands. Without ownership of that flying NOTHING else matters.

Latest resources

Back