• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJ Wake Clearance for Piston Single

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The BAE146/AVRO takeoff weights are in the 90,000lbs range. The Avro produces very bad wake turbulence, much worse than DC-9, 737, 727 and so on

Going into JFK one afternoon in a B-1900 I was following an ERJ (not a CRJ) and we got rocked pretty hard. It was early afternoon so traffic was light so it was definately from the ERJ. It was not uncontrollable just a very rough ride. I've never ridden the tail of a CRJ so I'm not sure what the vortices are like on them so... You made a decision based on your past experience and you lived to fly another day!

Avbug you really should read carefully and clearly before you quote. 7-3-6(b)8 of the AIM states that you should wait 2 minutes after a larger aircraft has executed a low approach, missed approach or touch and go landing. The two and three minute delays come from 7-3-9. Read them carefully. In regards to wake turbulence separation minima, ATC classifies aircraft as:small-41,000lbs or less mctow: large 41,000-255,000: Heavy more tahn 255,000. We are talking about wake turbulence and not certification so the 12,500lbs you mention does not come into play.

Avbug. Read my original post again. (the you you started quoting from). Did I print any wrong information there? No.
Read your post and you will find several wrong things printed. If you are going to give people advice, make sure it is accurate before you give it out. Thats why it brought out the "heartache."

Mickey,
Please go easy. Avbug has provided a lot of valuable info on this board and to myself personally. He/she is only human however so if he/she makes a mistake, don't browbeat him/her so much.:eek:

In the words of a famous nutcase drug user:
"Can't we all just get along?"

I'm sorry. AWACoff. I would have to agree with you. I guess what started it was when Avbug started his/her post off by quoting mine and then attacking it incorrectly. I don't feel that is a good way of 'giving' information.
The one thing that I know for sure is... I don't know everything.
I know what I know and I know what I don't know.
Take care.

Latest resources

Back