Ricci/Rossi coming back to FLOPS?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flightOptions failed?

I wasn't aware that flightOptions had failed. I thought they are still flying! I also am not convinced that the doors were going to shut under Ricci. Think about who told you that. Did Ricci tell you that? Absolutely not! Did Raytheon tell you that? Oh yes they did. How do you know who to trust? Think about it! I don't know how well my bottle of snake oil works because I haven't opened it yet. But I was sold, on all of it.

Lost market share, but failed?

Nice post ducky. Only the powers that be know the real statistics on money lost and or gained. Here is an interesting thought.
be-400
Purchase price: $406,250 x 16=$6500000
Monthly Mgmt: $6,820 x 16=$109,120
Occ. Hourly Fee: $1,554 x 120 (avg aircraft month)=$186480
Fuel Variable/Hr: $552
Fed Tax/Hr: $158

Total Cost/Hr: $3900

pilot salaries
8 year captain 6125/month
2 year copilot 2916/month
total pilot salaries= 9041/month

The pilot's salaries compared to the monthly management fee's and hourly generated fee's alone are a drop in the bucket. Granted a lot of that is eaten up in the mx and operational side as well, but come on that is a ton of cash. We know they have the money to pay us, but they want to see the company fail first. What a great way to reward the employee's that built this company just to see incompetent, greedy, selfish, dishonest crooks turn this place into a circus act. I believe flight options management has failed, not flight options. We still do more flying than flex, citation shares, or any other fractionals besides netjets. The worst part is this place had potential. We had a lot of talented and dedicated professionals and we have done nothing but waste a lot of good time and finance one bad management decision after another. I was hoping HIG would see the real reasons holding us back (ms,sanjay,tyler,etc.) and bring in a herb kelleher type ceo and a Ken Combs type chief pilot, but they haven't and now I see that this place is doomed. Dust off those resumes'

... I believe flight options management has failed, not flight options. ....

Good post, FR8Dog! I totally agree. In fact, perhaps readers have noticed that when referring to Flight Options management I use the term "the FLOPS" and when talking about the underpaid/overworked flight crews, I call them "Options pilots". My word choice is deliberate because the distinction is very real. The upper managers have been failing, but the pilots have options--starting with insisting on a fair contract that compensates them like the professionals they are, and rewards them for their significant contribution to the company. Hang in there! I believe there's light at the end of the tunnel. NJW

Those consistently failing to do their job properly should be given the boot.

Beechjet Mod

He needs his first big customer for his Beechjet mod program. If you did not know, he is currently modifying a Beechjet with Pro-line 21 , winglets and Williams engines. It is supposed to so be shown at NBAA this year. For those who will say the Beechjet mods are BS, I know the serial # of the aircraft they are modifying.

Not looking for flames, but it would make sense.

The performance #'s are supposed to be superior to the Phenom 300, and we all know he has always leaned towards used aircraft.

Should make a nice airplane, but I would not like giving up T/R's.

400A is correct about Ricci's BJ mod business. If one believes the theory that H.I.G.'s involvement with PhlOps (sic) is Embraer's back door into the U.S., combine it with the Phenom order, then it doesn't make sense that FlOps would be a pipeline for his modded BJ.

Has FLOPS made any announcements yet about Ricci coming back? I hear he'll be back on the property sometime next month.

Apparently, this rumour has come to fruition. Ricci is now the executive vice chairman at FLOPS. I can't be the only one hearing this....

Latest resources

Back