• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci/Rossi coming back to FLOPS?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure what industry is left. Netjets won the war of the business and is the industry. Most of the others had some ulterior motive such as Citation and Bombardier pushing aircraft. Flight Options was to be the "used model" providing a much lower cost product. Yes they may all fly corporate jet aircraft but any similarity past that is remote. Netjets created and is the business.

Hello?! Don't the pilots of Avantair, Citation shares, FlexJet and Flight Options all fly fractional owners, too? I hope the board realizes that Publishers is not a NJ pilot and his remark doesn't reflect the overall thinking of the NJ folks. NJ may be the biggest but those pilots certainly aren't the only fractional pilots out there...:rolleyes: Maybe this is the attitude Voice was referring to? If so, it must be noted that it is not coming from a NJ pilot. Nonetheless, interesting comment from a poster who was full of doom and gloom during the NJ pilots' contract dispute...:rolleyes:

I am not sure what industry is left. Netjets won the war of the business and is the industry. Most of the others had some ulterior motive such as Citation and Bombardier pushing aircraft. Flight Options was to be the "used model" providing a much lower cost product. Yes they may all fly corporate jet aircraft but any similarity past that is remote. Netjets created and is the business.
I finally found something I agree with Publishers on.

Obviously I did not expect NJW to get the differences between product offerings. There is more similarities between companies as aircraft sales organizations than as fractional aircraft operators.
The newer models such as XOjet make a specific effort to paint themselves as different than NJ and not a fractional company. What I have been saying all along is that Flight Options needs to figure out who they are first and then worry about how to serve the market. The fact is that there has been a good deal of wealth created over the last number of years and Netjets created a business and is an industry to itself.
I don't think many people who have been on this board as long as I have think I am an NJ anything. The fact is our company flies corporate jets too but that does not mean an NJ type of contract would work for us. Sentient, or any of the other companies flying charter or managing others aircraft are not necessarily in the same industry even though they all have pilots flying the same type aircraft as NJ. Because my GIII has 3 owners, is this a fractional? Are we really going to add Avantair into the mix as anything close to NJ.
Netjets created this industry and for all intent and purpose, they are the only one in it. I liken this to when ILFC created the new aircraft leasing business model and changed commerical airline purchasing for those of you who have that background.
NJ now has the size and industry power to do what it is doing and operating the way it does. Most of the others do not.

Obviously, you and I will rarely see things the same, Publishers. Your focus is continually on the purely business side of things and mine is on the people involved--primarily the pilots and their families. You love dissecting the business models in minute detail. I'm satisfied with a general knowledge as I discuss the events and how they relate to our fractional families.

Say what you will about me...:rolleyes: You called it wrong on the NJA contract when you kept telling NJ folks that the fractional model was not profitable enough and was doomed to failure. Had the pilots listened to you they'd have accept the POSTA offering $69K to a 5yr PIC...:mad: I insisted that the money was there but NJA was diverting profits to subsidize NJEurope. My faith in people and common sense was vindicated. So you're quite welcome to your personal viewpoint. I'm fine not seeing things your way.

I'll be standing firm that our fractional pilots (btw, if they see themselves as such that's good enough for me) are all professionals whose skills and demanding lifestyle deserve (by merit) industry standard wages. Being different from NJA doesn't give similar companies an excuse to underpay the pilots. There needs to be an acceptable minimum rate for pilots--regardless of how one classifies the company. Balancing the budget on the back of any pilotgroup is wrong!!
Standing by my posts,
Netjetwife

PROPER INFLATION PROCEDURES​
(CONT’D)

Mounted Tube-Type Tires
A tube-type tire that has been freshly mounted and installed should be closely monitored during the first
week of operation, ideally before every takeoff. Air trapped between the tire and the tube at the time of
mounting will seep out under the beads, through sidewall vents or around the valve stem, resulting in an
underinflated assembly.
Mounted Tubeless Tires
A slight amount of gas diffusion through the liner material and casing of tubeless tires is normal. The
sidewalls are purposely vented in the lower sidewall area to bleed off trapped gases, preventing separation
or blisters. A tire/wheel assembly can lose as much as five percent (5%) of the inflation pressure in a
24-hour period and still be considered normal. If a soap solution is used to check leaks, it is normal for
small amounts of bubbles to be observed coming from the vent holes.
COLD PRESSURE SETTING
The following recommendations apply to cold inflation pressure setting:
1. Minimum service pressure for safe aircraft operation is the cold unloaded inflation pressure specified by
the airframe manufacturer.
2. The loaded service inflation must be specified four percent (4%) higher than the unloaded inflation.
3. A tolerance of minus zero (-0) to plus five percent (+5%) of the minimum pressure is the recommended
operating range.
4. If “in-service” pressure is checked and found to be less than the minimum pressure, the following table
should be consulted. An “in-service” tire is defined as a tire installed on an operating aircraft.
PROCEDURES FOR HOT TIRE INFLATION PRESSURE CHECKS
When it is deemed necessary to make “hot” tire inflation pressure checks between normal 24 hourly
“cold” tire pressure checks, follow these procedures to identify any tire that has lost pressure faster than
its axle mate(s).
Cold Tire Service Pressure Recommended Action
100 to 105 percent of loaded service pressure None - normal cold tire operating range.
95 to less than 100 percent of loaded service pressure Reinflate to specified service pressure.
90 to less than 95 percent of loaded service pressure Inspect tire/wheel assembly for cause of pressure loss.
Reinflate & record in log book.
Remove tire/wheel assembly if pressure loss is greater
than 5% and reoccurs within 24 hours.
80 to less than 90 percent of loaded service pressure Remove tire/wheel assembly from aircraft
(See NOTE below).
Less than 80 percent of loaded service pressure Remove tire/wheel assembly and adjacent tire/wheel
assembly from aircraft (See NOTE below).
0 percent Scrap tire and mate if air loss occurred while rolling
(See NOTE below).

NOTE:
Any tire removed due to a pressure loss condition should be returned to an authorized repair
facility or retreader, along with a description of the removal reason, to verify that the casing has not
sustained internal degradation and is acceptable for continued service.
Do not approach a tire/wheel assembly that shows signs of physical damage which might
compromise its structural integrity. If such conditions exist refer to operator safety procedures
for damaged tire/wheel assemblies.
THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT REDUCE OR REPLACE THE NEED AND IMPORTANCE OF
24-HOURLY “COLD” TIRE PRESSURE CHECKS.

What is the purpose of this post? Just curious...

Businesses exist to create profits for it's owners, be that individuals or corporate shareholders. Businesses are also long term affairs, not one or two year flashes. There is no question at the time that Netjets was putting money into Europe and having difficulty. A business by its nature has to continue to grow and management thought Europe was a logical expansion. When youi look at this years economics, getting that aspect straightened out is making a huge contribution to the company.
From the very beginning of EJA, I could never figure why they hooked up with the Teamsters except for the RR connection. When you have a business that is an industry to itself, or a company that is significantly large with its own priorities (American Airlines), it made much more sense to have an inhouse union. This holds true with people like FEDEX and UPS as the cargo business is totally different. NJ would still be nowhere if they had not changed bargaining units. Where we differ is the term industry standard, and more to the work rules aspect and scope than pay. All that is another story.

I know I learned something.

Latest resources

Back