Retiring NWA Captain Sums It Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks for not dragging your old beat up bitter a$$ to the fractionals

Agreed. People with this attitude don't need to be in the cockpit. If they don't like flying for a living they should just quit doing it. This guy quit and had one last rant on the way out. Hopefully his new situation works out for him. I'm still new to the game, but if I'm ever that jaded I'll move on.

OK, here's the deal guys....the original post was by AA767AV8TOR. He is not the NWA guy that retired. He is re-posting something. Within the post itself the writer never says he was a Captain. AA767AV8TOR put the word "Captain" in the header of his post.

DTW320,

Thanks for clearing up the post. Yes, it was an email I received from another pilot. As some have said, the email might be a few years old. But it still sums up how many pilots now feel.

AA767AV8TOR

ps: I will forward a short movie to some of you of my Northwest Uniform going up in smoke so no terrorist can ever use it. My Eastern Airlines uniform and my Navy uniform still hang proudly in my closet.....

God Bless Eastern Air Lines and congrats on your retirement.....I shoulda stayed in the USAF as an F.E........I couldnt agree more with your post. Thanks and Congrats...

Glad he never lost sight of what it's all about.

It's all about him.

We all know that this guys letter is BS cause Sears being owned by Kmart is the worst store along with Walmart. I´ll take his airline career anytime over Sears. If it was so bad why didn´t he quit NWA along time ago?

[
ps: I will forward a short movie to some of you of my Northwest Uniform going up in smoke so no terrorist can ever use it. My Eastern Airlines uniform and my Navy uniform still hang proudly in my closet.....
CS,
Have you seen this one?
I would give my left nut for your old job.
Dennis in Chicago

Sam told me a story. The young flight instructor is pounding the pattern in a basic trainer. Half watching his student and half thinking of getting a real flying job. Some twin-engine time, a little cross-country IFR. Boy would that be sweet, that would be real flying. Above him at 8,000 feet a freight-dog in a beat-up Beech Baron bounces along. Cursing the turbulence and the heat and the holes in the instrument panel, he thinks about one day getting a turbine job.​
At 18,000 feet the crew of a King Air are droning along on autopilot, enjoying the air-conditioned cockpit. But the noise and vibration of the propellers is annoying, and the turbine-twin will not climb out of all the weather. The lady PIC is close to a jet job, and keeps looking up above the tops of the building cumulus. At flight level 390 dinner is being served to the major airline captain. Life is sweet. But his schedule sucks again next month, stupid recurrent training, and the mustard for the steak is too spicy again. He looks out the windshield as a glint of sunlight catches his eye strangely above the horizon. "It's the space station," says the first officer. "Now that would be sweet."​
Floating over to a window, the astronaut looks down on the colorful blue and green quilt set amongst the void of space. A former fighter and test pilot, the Space Shuttle commander is picking out ground features as he orbits over middle America. "You see those two rivers, just east of the city?" he says. "There is a little airport down there. I first soloed in a Piper Cub right there."​
"Now that is real flying."​
[/QUOTE]

Great post!

An old check airman told me this once, at Gemini:

"In the end, all that matters are your friends and your family."

Latest resources

Back