• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve life at Virgin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class on May 7th then it should be August after that. The interviews for the May class have been done, recent intervieews have been told to expect an August class. So there will be no interviews May, June, July. Should start again in August.

Class on May 7th then it should be August after that. The interviews for the May class have been done, recent intervieews have been told to expect an August class. So there will be no interviews May, June, July. Should start again in August.

Couple of us new guys are expecting to be in a second May class (interview guys before us are in the May 7th class) and another friend was told a June class, have you heard anything about these classes?

Couple of us new guys are expecting to be in a second May class (interview guys before us are in the May 7th class) and another friend was told a June class, have you heard anything about these classes?

I think they are taking the company email out of context. We will run small classes through the summer from pilots in the pool. The interview pipeline is shut down till after summer.

The same thing as last summer. Interviews stopped then for a short period. We are pretty short in the left seat. As that catches up, my guess more new hire classes will have to follow.

I think they are taking the company email out of context. We will run small classes through the summer from pilots in the pool. The interview pipeline is shut down till after summer.

Correct I just talked to the indoc instructor. The only month we are not running newhire classes in July.

For a recent newhire, what would be the latest "projected" upgrade time? 3 years?

Any educated guesses on potential new pilot bases???? IAD? ORD? DFW?

Any educated guesses on potential new pilot bases???? IAD? ORD? DFW?[/QUOTE]

All im hearing is LAX is supposed to grow. The few IAD trips have been stopped and I havent heard anything about those coming back. Although there are alot of people who commute from ORD and DFW so maybe if we get more flying out of those stations there could possibly be trips that start or end there but thats purely a guess or wishful thinking.

For a recent newhire, what would be the latest "projected" upgrade time? 3 years?

Any educated guesses on potential new pilot bases???? IAD? ORD? DFW?

Project upgrade is much longer than that. Bottom pilot is 553 on the list. At 6 captains per airplane they would need 92 airplanes on property to Upgrade.

52 airplanes right now.

Deliveries

2013 5
2014 10
2015 11
2016 6
2017 8 92 total airframes
2018 12
2019 8

So bottom guy on the list today is looking at 5 1/2 years based on firm aircraft orders right now with no attrition or retirements figured in so 4-5 would be a closer bet to take the first upgrade.

Chairman

Latest resources

Back