requirements for commercial ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crazynut52

I have had several landings at night towers, about two years ago, and that was probably the last time I had a night xc over 100 miles also. My flight instructor says I have to have another, because it has to be for the commercial training? Is this stated somewhere, that I can't use this trip a couple years ago toward my commercial training?

Guess I will have to go on a long night XC tonight if this is true.

crazynut52 said:
I have had several landings at night towers, about two years ago, and that was probably the last time I had a night xc over 100 miles also. My flight instructor says I have to have another, because it has to be for the commercial training? Is this stated somewhere, that I can't use this trip a couple years ago toward my commercial training?

was that trip with an instructor on board?

crazynut52 said:
My flight instructor says I have to have another, because it has to be for the commercial training? Is this stated somewhere, that I can't use this trip a couple years ago toward my commercial training?

Yes, part 61.129.

Both 100 mile cross-country's need to be dual, the 300 mile needs to be solo.

crazynut52 said:

My instructor said the same thing.

61.105 for the private and 61.125 for commercial.

HS

Of the 10 hours of solo, 5 must be at night (solo) with 10 takeoffs and landings (solo at night) at an airport with a control tower.

Solo means nobody but you in the plane. No non-pilots as passenges, it says solo.

This must be completed after you get your private certificate.

Thanks for the help guys, I did that requirement monday night, and passed my commercial checkride yesterday.

I'm happy for a few days, now its time to start on the CFI books

Latest resources

Back