• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's Q 400 operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should start in June or July. I'm trying to get info on syllabus length but no luck. I start terminal leave in June.
I just read the pilots will be voting on a contract. Anyone know when the vote will take place? How does contract look, I read companies info and can't get a read on whether its good or bad? I know union reps say no but they aren't the pilots.
Any info would be useful.

Was June or July the earliest training dates they offered or was this desired by you?

Should start in June or July. I'm trying to get info on syllabus length but no luck. I start terminal leave in June.
I just read the pilots will be voting on a contract. Anyone know when the vote will take place? How does contract look, I read companies info and can't get a read on whether its good or bad? I know union reps say no but they aren't the pilots.
Any info would be useful.

Union reps arent the pilots? In fact, who do you think they are? and which ones have you heard from.

The Union hasnt called for this vote, the IBT National is requiring it. It will fail by a landslide and then you will know what the pilots think of it.

The June and July dates are what I need in order to finish military obligation. Ok I'll bite what happens when the contract is voted down? If the pilots aren't willing to strike then why are they in negotiations? It seems management has this figured out and will keep the status quo as it worked well for them last year (earnings report). Bottom line how is life at republic for the first 2 years given they want us to sign a 24 month contract?

Gazoo, did they give you an option to not take the $5k sign-on bonus and waive the 2 year contract?

Nope they stressed in the interview and asked 4 times if I would be willing to sign a 2 year/20K contract. Given Skywest, ExpressJet, Horizon and numerous others are hiring I'm sure this will be a sticking point.

Can Republic newhires request the E170/175 before signing the 2-year deal or are aircraft assignments random? What percentage are getting assigned Q400 at orientation?

I was told we can pick but I'm not in training so I don't know. Everything I'm reading says take the jet time but you'll suck up the 2/$20K. I'll be waiting for the call to training in May.

Latest resources

Back