Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when I flew Citation X's we used to call it "A$$ kiss'n and bag totten"

AirCobra, that "typical" corporate guy in the Northeast that you talk about has to actually live in the Northeast, probably close to Teterboro, Boston, White Plains, or a similar city with an incredibly high cost of living. Him making $180k is like me making $120k in Atlanta. He's also likely to be required to come into the office/hangar on days he's not flying to handle other responsibilities. In addition, even though he's only flying 200 hours a year, he's also spending days at a time away from home not flying while he's waiting on the rich pr!ck he works for to get done with his vacation in Aspen.

Sorry, but that's not too appealing to most of us. I'm much happier making six figures with 16-18 days off at the airlines and not having to deal with some rich jerk, his high maintenance wife, his spoiled kids, and his a-hole business associates. To each his own, though.

Again you don't know any better. I live in Northwestern New Jersey and most of the other guys live around here or in Eastern PA. The cost of living is no different than Atlanta, and probably less than places like Alpharetta. Yeah commuting to JFK from your parents house in Indiana is a much better lifestyle.

The Aspen thing is also untrue. Maybe for someone that flies for a Hedge Fund guy, but for long trips crews are rotated out, or planes are brought back to the barn so other people can use them.

Keep telling yourself how much happier you are and fighting these battles for a payoff that will never come. The long battles you fight with airline management usually for something you could have as part of your normal compensation at a corporate job. Spend three years in negotiations to get a $2.00 an hour raise, seems sort of a waste to me.

So you don't like pensions, six figure starting salries, five figure relocation packages, being paid while in intial training (hotel and per diem included), free cell phones, 6-12 day a month work schedules, annual bonuses, and brand new state of the art equipment. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
Where did I read that in NYC 44,000 taxpayers, out of a city population 8,100,000, paid 50% of the NYC taxes? They were taxed at an average rate of 62%, combined Fed, State and City. NYC was going to city raise taxes on these people. A survey conducted showed that for a 1% raise in taxes to these people would result in a 5% exodus from the city to lower tax cities, so an increase in taxes, would result in a 4% loss from the people who paid most of the taxes. There is limit on how much tax will be tolerated by people paying most of the taxes.

These Union types think the rich will just let the State take their money. We know they move their money somewhere else to avoid confiscation. By the way, do you know how lefties define "greed?" Answer: when the OTHER GUY makes money. Cheers!

we already spoke via pm, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on what a pilot labor is worth... I too am financially independent, largely due to lucky investments.. I don't try to pretend that I consciously knew what I was doing. Not every gets so lucky. Doesn't change the fact that I have self worth and feel that the fruit of my labor is worth more than the scraps they're throwing at me at so many of the airlines out there.

So you feel you are worth more. Does that mean your "feelings" are correct? Just curious. Feelings are so important, after all. :)

I never claimed to be middle class.... I'm clearly upper middle class... I earn over $350K a year and some times well over.. with less than 1/2 of that coming for flying on average... albeit the last couple of years my flying wage from overseas contracting has been substantial. However, I own real commercial estate worth over 9M and I work purely for something to do since managing my property hardly takes any time or effort.

None of that changes ANY of the facts of the underlying argument... the middle class is being squeezed, the rich are getting richer and the middle class poorer and working harder for their paltry wages... We're fast becoming more like some 3rd world countries, while other countries like France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, the Swiss, and the Scandinavian nations are beating us on my levels for quality of life for the middle class, which is always the backbone of any true 1st world nation.

What DO YOU have to say about Warren Buffet and Bill Gates' comments that I ASKED YOU to comment on? Still waiting on a good rebut for that post.

btw, take your time and come up with a good answer... I'm about to operate VHHH-KLAX and will be away from reality for about 24 hours.. peace.

An honest question: Are you aware that in the US the poor tend to behave in ways guaranteed to keep them poor, while the rich tend to behave in ways which make them richer? Doesn't behavior matter? I have many relatives by marriage who are poor, and it would be bizarre for their economic results to be any different, because they don't plan or acquire more skills and knowledge or save or invest or budget. They had kids before they got married, failed to finish high school, and never went back to finish. They smoke and drink and constantly visit convenience stores. Look at the economic performance of Chinese immigrant families in the US. Within 2 generations, they are making more than whites whose families have been here for 200 years, with many more PhDs! Isn't that great? Behavior matters!

have you spent much time outside the US? Namely in the Northern part of Europe? You seem to think that the American middle class is the trailer park class... and that's fine, you're entitled to your own set of expectations and your own sense of value.. I'm done here however. Peace out.

What does "peace out" mean? I gotta get onboard with the latest jargon!

Back to what is middle class? I think my family was middle class in the early 50's, one car, 800 sq ft house, five kids three BR, one BA. Lived in a neighborhood of mostly WWII vets with lots of kids.

thread failure eminent... eject! eject!

thread failure eminent... eject! eject!
sorry I forgot middle class is now 4,000 sq ft house 5 BR, 3.5 BA's and a three car garage and a annual income of $350K. This is even though the stats show 50% percentile income at around $60K

Latest resources

Back