Republic VS. Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skaff said:
Only an idoit with a sense of entitlement would say to an airline, "I won't work for you unless you base me in Denver, and I want that in writing."

I don't think its out of line at all to stipulate that you are only interested in employment if you can get a guarantee of being based in a particular domicile. If the airline doesn't like that "attitude", they can chose to not extend an offer. Eagle had a massive recruiting problem in the recent past but since they've started guaranteeing domiciles (not equipment) to newhires I believe they've had little problem meeting their recruitment goals.

This might be unbelievable to to some, but its quite the common practice in business outside of aviation...especially when you are in a field that is in high demand.

I'm so sick of people thinking they deserve a job.
So am I...but wanting a particular domicile is NOT the same as thinking you deserve a job.

Perhaps the ATP minimum is no longer required. I know in the past it was due to a sim limitation and insurance not permitting training in the aircraft (15% ride).

Demanding anything from RAH is a mistake. You're likely to be thanked for your time and wished good luck in your career.

CAL will not cave on scope. Had a lot of jumpseaters lately that have reiterated that. The numbers of old guys to new guys just swung into the new guys favor like 60% new 40% old and by the time they vote they think it should be more like 75% to 25%. All the young people over there are not going to cave on the 50 seat scope agreement for jets. They have all said they would however talk about them being mainline aircraft with the pay associated with them. So I dont think RP will ever fly 170's for CAL.

Everyone's desparate at the minute - don'y make the mistake of thinking that you can't negotiate for your base/equipment.
The competition for candidates is strong right now and someone who would've been rejected 6 months ago would be snapped up quickly today.
Atleast one guy went straight from the interview to class on the same day at RAH - who says you can't ask for what you want?

CAL will not cave on scope. Had a lot of jumpseaters lately that have reiterated that. The numbers of old guys to new guys just swung into the new guys favor like 60% new 40% old and by the time they vote they think it should be more like 75% to 25%. All the young people over there are not going to cave on the 50 seat scope agreement for jets. They have all said they would however talk about them being mainline aircraft with the pay associated with them. So I dont think RP will ever fly 170's for CAL.

Typical XJT opinion (alot of the XJT folks are brainwashed into thinking that CAL is the ultimate place to work) - CAL mngt got these same guys to take huge concessions, without ever entering into BK. Let's not kid yourself about the power of mngt over there - they'll offer them something that they really want in return e.g. QOL (I hear their PBS system sucks, maybe they'll offer to tweak it).

Typical XJT opinion (alot of the XJT folks are brainwashed into thinking that CAL is the ultimate place to work).

Its an opinion not just shared by XJT pilots.

Despite all the concessions CAL pilots took, they did not sell their scope. Considering that as well as the large number of recently-hired regional pilots at CAL, I simply don't see them caving on 50+ seats anytime soon and I'm not sure there is a carrot big enough for that.

Stranger things have happened, though...

Everyone's desparate at the minute - don'y make the mistake of thinking that you can't negotiate for your base/equipment.
The competition for candidates is strong right now and someone who would've been rejected 6 months ago would be snapped up quickly today.
Atleast one guy went straight from the interview to class on the same day at RAH - who says you can't ask for what you want?

Don't make the mistake that you can negotiate it, it could cost you your job. If the guy was rejected 6 months ago and he is no more prepared for an airline job today than he was 6 months ago, he shouldn't get the job, period. If Shutauqic is accepting below the standard, then I feel for their captains. The question was, Shuttle or Skywest. If you think that the airline needs you more than you need them and that you think that you should be able to get through the interview with substandard performance and attitude, please don't try for to Skywest, you shouldn't waist our time and we don't want to waist yours.

For all of you trying to get on at SkyWest, the last post should ease your concerns about spelling. It is not to high on the list on abilities that they are looking for.

For all of you trying to get on at SkyWest, the last post should ease your concerns about spelling. It is not to high on the list on abilities that they are looking for.

Are you referring to the contraction that I made for Shuttle/Chautauqua/Republic, or that I said Skywest instead of SkyWest

Are you referring to the contraction that I made for Shuttle/Chautauqua/Republic, or that I said Skywest instead of SkyWest

How about "waist" and "waste". That was what stuck out like a sore thumb to me. G'day!

Latest resources

Back