• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic losing 5 E-190.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were the 190s flown by Republic pilots or Frontier pilots?

Is this going to reduce Republic flying? Is there any backwards movement from the lose of there 5 planes?

A 5 plane fleet makes no sense. What happens if Republic loses their other 5 e190s?

I fly a CRJ 200 and while Taxiing in MSP we were given instructions by ground that the 190 or was it a 170 would give way to us. My FO responded in the affirmative and the Republic guy said and I quote "We will give way to the little guy"

Yeah, I would say they are a little full of themselves. I just laughed. Almost as good as a Compass pilot who said, "we are not a regional airline, we are a transitional airline".

Almost as good as a Compass pilot who said, "we are not a regional airline, we are a transitional airline".

There is a story behind that one at least, the management team at CPZ tells the employees that they are not a regional. Its something of an inside joke. My opinion is unless you routinely fly sub 300nm legs you are not a regional. If your routes range from California to Florida and Maine to Montana, thats more of a subcontractor than a regional. Opinion only.

Um its what your paycheck says that makes you a regional pilot or a major airline pilot. Period, end of story.

There is a story behind that one at least, the management team at CPZ tells the employees that they are not a regional. Its something of an inside joke. My opinion is unless you routinely fly sub 300nm legs you are not a regional. If your routes range from California to Florida and Maine to Montana, thats more of a subcontractor than a regional. Opinion only.

If there is a "express" or "connection" or "connect" or any word of that nature painted next to the mainline name on the aircraft you are flying, then you are working at a regional, no matter how many miles or hours your flights are.

Latest resources

Back