Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

generaltso

Marcy Projects
Heard a rumor that Republic put out a memo asking if any captains want to come in on their days off to do interviews WITHOUT PAY.

Please tell me this isn't true? Also I was told they had over 60 people apply. I'm being serious here folks.

Heard a rumor that Republic put out a memo asking if any captains want to come in on their days off to do interviews WITHOUT PAY.

Please tell me this isn't true? Also I was told they had over 60 people apply. I'm being serious here folks.

True. 47 people who's names many of us wish to learn.

Why would anyone do that? What is in it for them? I mean...come on...coming to work without pay...gimme a break. Don't they have anything better to do?

It is pathetic and I'm ashamed that people are doing it. This isn't limited to our company however, I'm sure there are all types at every operation that would do something like this no questions asked. The only logical reason that I can think of someone doing this without pay is to make sure that the right people are hired according to that said person. I sure wouldn't mind doing interviews, but I'm not doing them for free.

Listen the majority of these guys are doing it probably because they have a hard-on about being the "interview captain". If republic has any class they would be hand picking guys to do this, taking them off trips, and paying them. I worked for them so I know how classless the airline is, but this takes the cake.

Latest resources

Back