• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways to Strike!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact remains that the almighty FAPA leadership that you guys always brag about also screwed up the Southwest deal prior to the current mess we have on our hands! They should really get over themselves and stop screwing up everything they touch!!!:puke:
You have no idea what you're talking about. You may want to get your own house in order before commenting on ours.

But on a lighter note... maybe fouling up BB's debt offering and making noise about striking right now wasn't the best thought out plan by the almighty 357 leadership:

http://www.centreforaviation.com/bl...structuring-plan-for-the-entire-company-61957

As with SkyWest and Pinnacle, some of its CPA rates have become uneconomic and, during the SkyWest call, executives agreed with the Mr Bedford’s evaluation of the aircraft. He specifically targeted the ERJ 145s, also operated by American Eagle and on the way out of its fleet as well. He indicated that once Frontier’s problems were squared away, the company would turn to RJET stakeholders to reduce costs just as it did with Frontier.

It is trying to indefinitely defer its Embraer E-Jet deliveries and is set to take two new, 99-seat ERJ 190s in Dec-2011. It also wants to sell 10 ERJ 190s already in operation. Mr Bedford estimates that selling the 10 aircraft could yield USD40 million in cash. The 2010 order for six ERJ 190s were set for delivery this year. Mr Bedford told employees that devoting its limited cash to new aircraft is “impossible.”

As if its Frontier troubles were not enough, they were compounded yesterday by noise from its International Brotherhood of Teamster pilots for its CPA subsidiaries about striking. About 2,300 members are set to vote on a strike with the conclusion of voting set for 22-Nov-2011. The union covers pilots at Republic Airways Holding subsidiaries Republic Airways, Chautauqua and Shuttle America which do capacity purchase work for US Airways, United, Continental, Frontier, American and Delta.
It is doubtful a strike is imminent since action by the National Mediation Board (NMB) is necessary to declare an impasse in union/management negotiations, impose a cooling-off period which must happen before the NMB releases the union to strike.
In addition to a raise, picketers say they want improvements in working conditions, flight scheduling and seniority as well as receiving payments for layovers, according to the Indianapolis Star, the company’s hometown newspaper.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You may want to get your own house in order before commenting on ours.

But on a lighter note... maybe fouling up BB's debt offering and making noise about striking right now wasn't the best thought out plan by the almighty 357 leadership:

http://www.centreforaviation.com/bl...structuring-plan-for-the-entire-company-61957

As with SkyWest and Pinnacle, some of its CPA rates have become uneconomic and, during the SkyWest call, executives agreed with the Mr Bedford’s evaluation of the aircraft. He specifically targeted the ERJ 145s, also operated by American Eagle and on the way out of its fleet as well. He indicated that once Frontier’s problems were squared away, the company would turn to RJET stakeholders to reduce costs just as it did with Frontier.

It is trying to indefinitely defer its Embraer E-Jet deliveries and is set to take two new, 99-seat ERJ 190s in Dec-2011. It also wants to sell 10 ERJ 190s already in operation. Mr Bedford estimates that selling the 10 aircraft could yield USD40 million in cash. The 2010 order for six ERJ 190s were set for delivery this year. Mr Bedford told employees that devoting its limited cash to new aircraft is “impossible.”

As if its Frontier troubles were not enough, they were compounded yesterday by noise from its International Brotherhood of Teamster pilots for its CPA subsidiaries about striking. About 2,300 members are set to vote on a strike with the conclusion of voting set for 22-Nov-2011. The union covers pilots at Republic Airways Holding subsidiaries Republic Airways, Chautauqua and Shuttle America which do capacity purchase work for US Airways, United, Continental, Frontier, American and Delta.
It is doubtful a strike is imminent since action by the National Mediation Board (NMB) is necessary to declare an impasse in union/management negotiations, impose a cooling-off period which must happen before the NMB releases the union to strike.
In addition to a raise, picketers say they want improvements in working conditions, flight scheduling and seniority as well as receiving payments for layovers, according to the Indianapolis Star, the company’s hometown newspaper.

I am not the one spouting off about how great my union is, you are. I never said that the IBT was the most amazing thing to ever happen to me which is how you guys speak about FAPA. All unions suck, quit taking it so damn personally!:smash:

Should the IBT work back room deals like FAPA did on the night before an election ends to keep things alive?

I am not the one spouting off about how great my union is, you are. I never said that the IBT was the most amazing thing to ever happen to me which is how you guys speak about FAPA. All unions suck, quit taking it so damn personally!:smash:
Good god man! Do you ever post anything without a smiley face icon?

The issue I have isn't whether you think IBT is great. It is a horrible union for pilots. The problem I have is that you knew that when you forced it upon us.

All unions don't suck. All national unions suck to some degree because they have to kowtow to the national agenda. We liked FAPA and wanted to keep our in-house union, which represented us well - no matter what you think from the outside.

Sure, FAPA certainly did represent F9 pilots very well in the SLI. The sad part is it is only f9 pilots that they were concerned with based off your proposal. Just ask any of the former Midwest pilots that are now sitting right seat next to some 24 year old punk that complains about taking a full two years to upgrade? You seem to forget that Midwest was as your leadership put it a "career airline" as well, but you did not seem too concerned with them getting hosed in the SLI? Also, here is another smiley face just to make your blood boil!! :uzi:

Last edited:
Just FYI

the selling of the E190's is in order to raise capital and then lease the jets back from the buyer. They do not want to dispose of the jets.

Latest resources

Back