• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REJECTED by 83%!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good. Hope you have your opportunity to leave Bend over. Then we may be able to see the end of that disgusting place and leave the remainder of us some room to maneuver.
Take care of those shiny new CR9's in the meantime please.

I didn't know we had the power to "create jobs" that were lowering paying.
That's rather short sighted. Of course you do. We all do. UA/DL/AA will happily pay you and I $hit wages for the rest of our careers. All we have to do is vote them in.

If it is as simple as you seem to think just fight the good fight, stand up for the highest wage and see how it works out for you at the regional level.
We're in the process of doing that. This isn't just about wages, we are fighting to protect our retirement, reserve rules, insurance, scope, etc. We are fighting for our career choice, not a few shiny airplanes.

I predict that when Expressjet is put in the same position as Pinnacle they will preserve their jobs just like anyone would. They will then blame 9E which kind of sounds familiar to us blaming go-jets, etc.
We were told this vote was the only way to preserve our jobs. There would be no other offers. I'm not blaming anyone. You live with your contract, we'll live with ours.

You sent your message, now let us send ours.

I'm not wasting too much time on an anonymous board discussing stuff with guys who just don't get it - but allow me to make a simple point as I'm interested in your response (not really).

All you did by "buying us some time" was create more substandard jobs at the regional level. Do you realize the implications of that? You're eliminating BETTER PAYING jobs at the next level which is extremely ironic considering you're reasoning (of ultimately going to DAL). You've done NOTHING but give Delta a reason to outsource its flying of 100 seat airplanes INSTEAD of hiring you and you're coworkers to do it while wearing a shiny new Delta ID badge.

Best of luck with your endeavors in this industry.

I may have misread this before, when I said, shove it.

That's rather short sighted. Of course you do. We all do. UA/DL/AA will happily pay you and I $hit wages for the rest of our careers. All we have to do is vote them in.

We're in the process of doing that. This isn't just about wages, we are fighting to protect our retirement, reserve rules, insurance, scope, etc. We are fighting for our career choice, not a few shiny airplanes.

We were told this vote was the only way to preserve our jobs. There would be no other offers. I'm not blaming anyone. You live with your contract, we'll live with ours.

You sent your message, now let us send ours.

I did misread your position earlier. Excuse me

Nice job guys. That vote gives the rest of us who are in negotiations a little hope. Things are changing for the better!

ExpressJet pilots:

Next time you find yourself in the hotel van with a crew from a regional that voted for concessions; look them in the eye and shake their hand then look at their flight attendant and give her a little wink cause she knows she is flying with a couple of pu&%#'s.

I dont have a dog in this fight but wouldnt that be xjet, mainline, bendover, mesa, eagle, netjets, and just about every professional pilot in the last 10 years? Yeah, it would. They have all taken concessions. Stick with the high fives friend.

A lot of pilots are asking "what's next?" Well, you will still get paid for deadhead on the last leg of a trip when getting an alternate deadhead. You will still get 7 hours of pay for a 14 hour duty day (1 for 2 rig). You will not have to work 4 naps in a row. Reserve pilots will still get 2 GDO periods per month and retain all current book reserve rules. You will still get vacation low provisions in a vacation month. You still retain all current book. That's just the ASA side. All these aforementioned contract provisions would have been extinguished under the failed TA. As far as all the talk of downsizing and shutting down, that remains to be seen. It's unknown, but it was always unknown. The company never gave us any guarantees on anything, even if we agreed to their insulting TA. I think a great starting point for future negotiations is current book. That's what we have now. The entire XJT pilot group has truly shown a great interest in retaining work rules and compensation, as evidenced by the strength of this vote. Who can blame them. They are worth it, and I am proud to fly with them.

Except they can't schedule you for 14 hours so that argument is moot. Also, the current book reserve rules absolutely suck so that's not really a dime either.

Latest resources

Back