Regular Yoke vs. Side stick

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

Which do you prefer, regular yoke or side stick. I knew a airline pilot who had flown aircraft with a regular yoke and was going to be trained on an Airbus. He did not like the idea of going from one to the other. For some of you who may have flown both type of aircraft, which do you prefer?

To improve responses to this question, let's add the following:

"assuming both options pay the same with comparable quality-of-life"...

A better thread might be titled: "Boxers or Briefs, thongs or trunks". What do you prefer?

I once knew an airline pilot whose wife wanted him to switch to briefs but he preferred the freedom of boxers...well, u get my point!

Side stick is WAY better for me. F-16 was the same and has adjustable arm rest. Very natural and good feel. My first flight in the Airbus I had the impression it was very sensitive compared to the Boeing. Now I love it and the Airbus is much more comfortable with more space and has a very useful tray table.

Side stick is WAY better for me. F-16 was the same and has adjustable arm rest. Very natural and good feel. My first flight in the Airbus I had the impression it was very sensitive compared to the Boeing. Now I love it and the Airbus is much more comfortable with more space and has a very useful tray table.

Pretty much this, don't miss the yoke one bit.

Latest resources

Back