• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FO nearly kills 113 people, CA in the bathroom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if this guy did his flight training with one of you knuckleheads from ATP or one of the other pilot mills the Indians seem to send their airline candidates to.

Probably a U.S Indian pilot mill, they have to pass everyone. I guarantee this guy was one of those the instructor signed off praying they don't kill someone in the future.

Adjusting his seat? He was trying to bring the plane down.

I read the report and agree. It seems like the FO was pulling an "Egypt Air". Same situation; captain leaves the flight deck and FO puts the plane into a dive. In the Egypt Air accident the captain did make it back to the flight deck also and tried to pull back on the yoke, but the FO was pushing forward to strongly. The plane broke apart in flight and the crashed into the Atlantic. The FO in this situation was also keeping massive forward pressure on the yoke and this time the captain had more strength and pulled the plane out of the dive. The only thing missing from this situation was that this FO was not saying prayers like the Egypt Air FO. I don't but the whole "bumping of the controls".

That's my two cents.

I read the report and agree. It seems like the FO was pulling an "Egypt Air". Same situation; captain leaves the flight deck and FO puts the plane into a dive. In the Egypt Air accident the captain did make it back to the flight deck also and tried to pull back on the yoke, but the FO was pushing forward to strongly. The plane broke apart in flight and the crashed into the Atlantic. The FO in this situation was also keeping massive forward pressure on the yoke and this time the captain had more strength and pulled the plane out of the dive. The only thing missing from this situation was that this FO was not saying prayers like the Egypt Air FO. I don't but the whole "bumping of the controls".

That's my two cents.

Are you saying that this was an Egypt Air attempt but done in a way so as to make it look like an accident?? If it was an actual attempt, don't you think he would have done it? It's not hard to disconnect the AP and point the nose straight down.

This incident does seem very fishy. Towards the end of the report, it mentions the FO is applying quite a bit of Forward pressure on the controls while the Captain is pulling back. If the ground is getting bigger in the window, every pilot's natural instinct is to pull on the controls, not push even harder.

Gutsiest Move I Ever Saw, Mav

He was pushing because he wanted to recover the plane in an outside loop! He watched The Great Waldo Pepper and Top Gun - he knows all about it now.

Are you saying that this was an Egypt Air attempt but done in a way so as to make it look like an accident?? If it was an actual attempt, don't you think he would have done it? It's not hard to disconnect the AP and point the nose straight down.

Read the report...

At this time, a split in the position and sensor force is recorded between the captain and first officer's (FO) columns. The left column force sensor reached 130 pounds nose-up, as the right column force sensor reached -200 pounds nose-down.

Read the report...

I don't know what you're reading but this is from the report:

The PIC had arrived in the cockpit hence the differential input on the control column could be observed. But the PIC applied a approx 125lbs of pull force and got the aircraft in level flight but disconnected the autopilot at subframe 4820(17:54:19Z), after 20 second at 17:54:39 Z engaged Autopilot A and disconnected at 17:54:51 Z, started climbing and turned right on heading 120 to come back on track.

So 125lbs can override 200lbs of force huh??

Latest resources

Back