Regional contract flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Danny040

Think this would ever happen? May give some a chance to make some extra cash. Four years ago you would have called me crazy by saying RJ operators will hire street Captains. May not be that unrealistic. I just don't think things have become that gloomy yet at the regional level. Your thoughts?

I believe this has happened at a few lesser operators whom circumnavigated union agreements.

I think it would be anightmare for keeping track of legality issues like 30hrs/7days and 100hrs/mo. I know many regional CAs and FOs are already scheduled in the upper 90hr flight time ranges. Flying for a different carrier on their days off would be tough. Also, I doubt many companies would allow that because they rely on junior manning pilots on their days off to fill the schedules!

How about flying a 70 seat jet and contracting 30 seats to XYZ airline and 40 seats to ABC airline. I could see this happening first. How many times have you flown the same routes that other operators are flying at the same time?

I thought you can only be employed by a single 121 operator at a time. Side work with a 135/91 would be legal. Naturally 30/100/1000 flight limitations apply.

Our contract says any outside flying must be unpaid.

Latest resources

Back