Regional Captain to NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jaybird

Any regoinal pilots who made the switch to NetJets care to comment on QOL, pro's and con's? I live in CMH and am currently based there and would be interested in staying there.

Thanks

jaybird said:
Any regoinal pilots who made the switch to NetJets care to comment on QOL, pro's and con's? I live in CMH and am currently based there and would be interested in staying there.

Thanks

That's convenient because Netjets is evidently hiring into the CMH base. Read the other post related to the pilot hired into the Citation X for the CMH base. I'd say go for it - you could even fly the Sovereign (if slot is available) which shares the Primus Epic cockpit with your E170.

jaybird said:

Thanks

OMG someone who LIKES COLUMBUS WOW!

Let me tell you I just dig the weather. I was just in that sh!thole for 7 days. Fckn rained everyday and was like 50 to 55 max. Ok anyway yes we have a ton of "RJ" drivers here. I'm sure someone will respond. ACA/IND guys where are you??????????

As OY6 said, NJA is currently hiring for only a few bases and CMH is one of those. That would likely help you out in the hiring process.

Also coming from a regional captain position (turboprop) in the fall of 2004, NJA was a good step up in quality of life but only a slight change in pay. But with the new contract, the money is good and the benefits are excellent. I'm on the 7-on/7-off schedule and I like it a lot. Some people don't like being gone for 7 days, but I sure enjoy having a week off at a time. Plus, I prefer 7/7 to working 4 on/3 off or 5 on/2 off.

As for drawbacks, you don't get to jumpseat as you do in the 121 world, but given how full flights are, I don't miss jumpseating. And we do accrue airline miles here, so you can use those for travel. Another drawback might be with regards to your career. If you wish to stay in the 121 world, you could lose some contacts by coming here. But that said, a few people here have gone to the 121 world.

It is a very different job from what you are used to at your current company. Personally, I do like it more than airline flying, but to each his own.

If you've got more questions, feel free to PM me.

Mach92 said:
OMG someone who LIKES COLUMBUS WOW!

Let me tell you I just dig the weather. I was just in that sh!thole for 7 days. Fckn rained everyday and was like 50 to 55 max. Ok anyway yes we have a ton of "RJ" drivers here. I'm sure someone will respond. ACA/IND guys where are you??????????

lol, my grass is lovin' it.

my number one priority is QOL and from what i hear, NetJets is looking better everyday. i enjoy my current job, but the regionals are no career!

thanks for the replys

I spent 2 years flying an RJ after being furloughed from my job at a major airline. I won't go back to either job. Quality of life is many times better at NJA than at a typical regional. Pay is up to what I made as a RJ Captain, I don't commute, I have great insurance I pay nothing for and I like the kind of flying we do. 5 year Captain pay (on reserve) is very close to what I'd make as a Captain back at my major airline job.

AirBear

Pay....

AirBear8 said:
I spent 2 years flying an RJ after being furloughed from my job at a major airline. I won't go back to either job. Quality of life is many times better at NJA than at a typical regional. Pay is up to what I made as a RJ Captain, I don't commute, I have great insurance I pay nothing for and I like the kind of flying we do. 5 year Captain pay (on reserve) is very close to what I'd make as a Captain back at my major airline job.

AirBear
And that's the way its gonna be (pay) for the next several years, ('cept for overseas carriers):D

Latest resources

Back