Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acaTerry

SAPM
Anyone know of any recent interview and/or information books out there? I've been out of the 121 world flying fracs for about 10 years and consider myself a beginner for all practical purposes. All I can find is stuff from 2004 and earlier (which is when I left the 121 world for frac flying----had to make a living somehow). Anything out there?

The path from the fracs isn't as well charted as from the military or regionals. Keep us informed

Going back a couple of decades one of the majors had a stated goal of 1/3 corporate, 1/3 military, 1/3 airline for new hire classes. So it can happen.

TP

Surprisingly, Delta used to hire a lot (relatively speaking) of corporate pilots. Back in the summer of 2001, Plato Rheins made his intentions clear when he sent Delta's beautiful restored DC-3 to Netjest's new hangar on a "good will mission."

It was naked aggression but they gave plenty of warning (to our recruiters at the AIR, Inc. job fairs) and a lot of fellas went to Delta as a result. The events of 9/11 gave the company a reprieve and they were able to continue paying cr@ap for four more years. Then, we got organised.

www.pilotcareerprep.com

Also well worth the money.

Looks good. Hey, is that guy Berlinski still around? Offered an alternative to FAPA. He used to work at ATA and never sugar coated things: "There is no pilot shortage"
He steered people away from PFT places like Netjets and Commutair and he sure wasn't PC. Told an F/0 I once flew with pre 9-11, "Listen, you start out with three strikes against you: You're a civilian trained, white, male. Now, bitching over, let's get down to working on overcoming that."
Hey, worked for him.
NJ has a mix of civ/mil but hardly anyone doesn't meet the last two disqualifiers.

Latest resources

Back