Recalls for yes votes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Kman

If they, management and IBT, really wanted to pass this TA don't you think they would dangle the recall carrot? Just my 2 cents.

Because they are not going to do any recalls. We have made it through peak travel with minimum crewing and everyone doing 14 hour days. What would make anyone think that they would need or want to bring back anyone at this point. I know management would like them to think they have a chance of getting called back when the purposely told everyone to update their info. But don't you think that was just a bit suspicious right at the same time they were trying to get us to accept a substandard pay package to get the TA done. Even B.T. has recently been quoted as saying recalls are at least a year away. Even the 7/7 schedule won't help because they will be forcing guys on the crappy 16/2 to equal things out.

I want everyone back just as bad as the next guy, but it just wont happen.

FC-

Can't even begin to guess when recalls may begin. Do know the company threw a great deal of money away at charter and bringing folks back is way cheaper.

Flops has a huge opportunity at good pr. In March, announce deliveries of the first Phenom, a ratified TA, & pilot recalls. For now, it's just wishful thinking and conjecture.

Think you meant well by quoting bt, but the minister of propaganda has his own agenda and his speculative comments should be regarded with caution.

Recalls...

We all want to see the furloughed pilots come back. The reality of the situation is that until there is an improvement in the economy that leads to an increase in demand, there will be no recalls. The Union cannot bring pilots back. That is entirely up to the company (any company) as when and who will be hired back.

JMO..but the people furloughed don't have a vote, and the ones on property, as bad as it sounds, have different priorities when it comes to voting...Which isn't necessarily a bad thing....

although having a completely unified group would be great and all, I wouldn't put someone I have never met above the needs of my family or my QOL..(or whatever the company is trying to gain)... I wouldn't sell anyone down the river, but if for example they wanted a paycut, "BUT we'll bring everyone back".. That wouldn't sit to well.

I'm furloughed NJA and I wouldn't expect anyone left to vote for less just to get me back..Nobody there even knows me well enough..

JMO..but the people furloughed don't have a vote, and the ones on property, as bad as it sounds, have different priorities when it comes to voting...Which isn't necessarily a bad thing....

You're misinformed. Furloughed pilots who were MIGS at the time of furlough can vote on the TA.

You're misinformed. Furloughed pilots who were MIGS at the time of furlough can vote on the TA.

Thats good then..I know I have no voting rights at NJA, but then again we don't have anything cooking.

Management doesn't want to have any recalls. What they really want is for all the pilots on furlough to find jobs that will end up paying them more than they would make if they came back, and to refuse the recall when it eventually comes. That way they can hire pilots off the street at year one SIC pay... and many will. Management wins.

Latest resources

Back