• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recall Prater Before He Blows This Merger Too

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With such learned, well reasoned, intelligent minds like yours at work, I'm sure that all this will work out in the end.

Which part was not learned, well reasoned, intelligent, etc? I would say the same thing back to everyone that is trying to place the blame for all of our problems (company specific as well as industry wide) on one man's shoulders. Go ahead and throw him out (assuming we are still ALPA after Thursday, disregard if we are not...). What will it accomplish? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. The next guy will be just as bad (or probably even worse if you look at history...).

As for it working out in the end, who knows... It may, or it may just be a train wreck. That's beyond my control...

As long as DALPA MEC isn't as stupid, arrogant, and entitled as the US Air EAST MEC was, they shouldn't have a problem.

Also, I don't know how else to explain this anymore...ALPA national had NOTHING to do with the US Air fiasco...greedy arrogant Eastholes put themselves in this position and it will be them again to blame when this airline goes extinct.

USAPA is going to win 100%. It is the wrong outcome but it is what is going to happen. Just as the NWA DL merger will happen. Bush will give the Dems one last f u on his way out. Keep in mind that congress cannot prevent a merger, they can only hold hearings and hope that the DOJ and DOT listen. It will not happen and the merger will go through.

I'm thinking more like a 100% pay cut. I am fed up watching my union dues fund incompetence. Combined with their pay and benefits I feel as if I am getting ripped off every month.

You have the best signature line EVER! That's awesome! Good catch.

The Association has been "in real trouble" for quite some time....it's just taken a few of the cheerleaders a while longer to realize it...Of course the first step is admiting you have a problem....Herndon we have a problem.....

I find it ironic that you and Occam now want ALPA to "do what is right"....Neither of you care when mainline MEC's dictate the conditions to regional pilots.....You both repeatedly say that we have no right to that flying.....Isn't the DAL MEC doing what is within their "rights"....Are you now going to tell me that doesn't apply when they do it to another mainline group...only when they do it to a regional group?

You arguments are very similar to those of the RJDC.....Funny how things work.....

Your continued attempts to compare scope between a mainline carrier and a regional to a merger between two mainline carriers is ridiculous. I know it bugs you Joey, but they aren't the same things.

Make all the MEC's independant, with no oversight via National. National simply becomes a service provider of Insurance and AeroMedical and a PAC.... Wipe out the EVP setc etc...send them back to their airlines, and let the individual airlines MEC's do their thing. Negotiate their own contracts as they see fit, with whatever scope/merger conditions they see fit. No approval from National nothing, zip, nada. Let it simply be a service provider, and that's it.

That's exactly the opposite of what needs to happen. Power needs to be consolidated in Herndon. Enough of the independent MEC bullsh--. Time for ALPA National to exert some control.

But, think how bad it would be if that idiot Worth(less) was still in office....

Prater isn't even fit to shine Woerth's shoes.

Your continued attempts to compare scope between a mainline carrier and a regional to a merger between two mainline carriers is ridiculous. I know it bugs you Joey, but they aren't the same things.

The fact that Occam is complaining about being excluded from the table is EXACTLY the same thing....What DALPA did is legal....

You are making our case that a double standard still exists.....

Latest resources

Back