• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Really scary rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if mesa does buy the wo's you will hit the street? your piss poor attitudes regarding mesa in the past (specifically at the pilots who are just as unhappy with their sh!t contract) is going to come and bite people as the mesa "a$$holes/bottom feeders/insert adjective here" will want the wo's on the bottom of the seniority list.

any pdt/alg/psa pilot who bad mouths mesa yet takes this if it happens is a hypocrite.

i still don't know why jo would want to buy them. what makes him think he can make money on them?

"All those posts by ALG and PDT pilots about "Mesa lowering the bar."

It would be poetic justice to see them bought by Mesa."

No, that would not be poetic justice, it would be a horible irony!

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040113/1458001381_2.html

Dow Jones Business News --- Mesa Air Would Be Interested in Buying US Airways' Assets

Tuesday January 13, 2:58 pm ET
By Elizabeth Souder

NEW YORK -- Mesa Air Group Inc. (NasdaqNM:MESA - News) Chief Executive Jonathan Ornstein said the regional airline is considering buying assets from US Airways Group Inc.(NasdaqNM:UAIR - News) .

US Air confirmed last week it hired investment bank Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MWD - News) to develop scenarios to get the airline back into the black. Those include selling gates, routes, planes, aircraft delivery positions, regional jet operations, the airline's shuttle service, and assets at some hubs, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Mr. Ornstein told Dow Jones Newswires he is considering all possibilities, but wants to remain a US Air partner, rather than a competitor. Mesa currently operates regional flights on behalf of US Air.

"We certainly hope that US Airways doesn't have to sell any assets," Mr. Ornstein said. But if the airline must sell, "we would certainly be a likely candidate for opportunities."

The Wall Street Journal reported last week that US Airways, which recently emerged from bankruptcy protection, is pitching its US Airways Shuttle service, which operates hourly flights between Washington, New York and Boston, along with slots in the three cities. US Airways is also pitching its regional operations along with its aircraft and aircraft orders, and US Airways is looking for buyers for assets at hubs in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Charlotte, N.C.

Mr. Ornstein said Mesa isn't ruling out any possibilities, meaning the airline may consider buying not just the regional operations, but hub assets or the shuttle operation, which Mesa might operate as a partner, on behalf of US Airways.

"Anything we do would be in cooperation with US Airways," Mr. Ornstein said.

Mr. Ornstein said such acquisitions wouldn't force the airline to go to the markets for more capital. "Mesa is very well capitalized," he said. "I don't foresee that requirement at this point."

Other airlines, including Continental Airlines Inc. (NYSE:CAL - News) and JetBlue Airways Corp. (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News) , wouldn't comment on whether they are considering the US Airways assets.

The airline would need the agreement of the Air Transport Stabilization Board, the federal panel that provided $900 million in loan guarantees to back the carrier's $1 billion bankruptcy-exit financing, in order to sell anything, The Wall Street Journal reported.

- Elizabeth Souder, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-4148

A Fence more likely

Hello all,

A staple is highly unlikely. Much more likely is a fence to keep people where they are for awhile. A staple job is just bad karma for everyone. I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of one, so how can I justify asking for it?

One thing Mesa(Merge Every Small Airline) has done before is merge folks together.

Good luck to us all.

79%N1,

Get a f uk i n life... Everyone in the regional industry talks crap about Mesa, it's only natural. Dash 8 drivers making more money and having better work rules then guys flying jets!!!!! Before our FA took pay cuts they where making more money then Fo's at MESA. Yea, I work for one of the wo's and yes I have bitter feeling towards Mesa after they went 87% yes on there last contract. It's a race to the bottom and thank god for Mesaba for holding the line.
But to sit back and say it would be funny to see mesa buy PDT or ALG isn't funny. You should support a pilot group that has worked soooo hard to make regional a better place to be with better pay and work rules. Mesa had a chance when they bought CCAir, they had the ball. But did they run with it? No they laid there and let JO get them from behind, even with out using and lub.
Mesa buys, well then, I guess I am out of the industry... There's no professionalism left in the business, thanks to guys like you.... Have a good life in the job field you have chosen.

".....I have bitter feeling towards Mesa after they went 87% yes on there last contract. It's a race to the bottom and thank god for......"

---Well, you are obviously not very familiar with the outcome of our new contract and the circumstances it was negotiated in....

"Mesa had a chance when they bought CCAir, they had the ball. But did they run with it? No they laid there and let JO get them from behind, even with out using and lub."

---Not that I expected it, but you are not very familiar with our old contract either......
I will be very amazed if J.O even wants to tuch ALG or PDT with a long stick. Mesa's RJ's makes good $, but our turbo-prop operation goes with (huge) loss. If WO's t-prop operation are so profitable, why sell?
I belive Mesa pilots would not like to see ALG or PDT into Mesa AG, just as much that you guyes want to avoid us.
I can see him going after the Shuttle, and maybe PSA ( to get the extra Rj slots...)

Dash8 said:
so be cause we're 'doomed' we are supposed to just roll over and let the biggest waste of O2 on the planet continue to ruin this industry and thousands of peoples lives?

JO isn't ruining this industry. He has no ability to ruin peoples lives, we do that by begging him for a job. He will never treat people any better than they ask to be treated and that makes him a POS, but the blame for our problems is looking at us from the mirror. As long as he has more applicants than he has jobs, he will make his workers work for the wage that those unemployed pilots would accept. It's pretty simple.

enigma

It would crack me up to see Johnny O and that high quality Mesa Operation attempt to operate the Shuttle given its high profile, highly influencial customers. Considering Mesa outstations often have to borrow ground equipment from other airlines, Mesa would be swallowing a load worthy of John Holmes if it thinks it could handle the Shuttle. I can just see Ted Kennedy with Gin in hand berating some fatty 19 year old Mesa FA for the fact that he was supposed to be at Logan 4 hours ago!

Last edited:
Enigma,

You are correct! It was said that JO was telling everyone that his pilots were over-paid! Someone asked him how can you say that they are over-paid! He's response, "I pay my pilots too much money, because I have no problem filling new hire classes!"

Enjoy the profession we all have chosen!

Latest resources

Back