Real GIV numbers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jcbfly

Can a IVSP make S. FL to London and back nonstop? The available performance numbers would make me want to stop...

The mission is to Europe and on to the UAE with average 5 people and a $25MM budget.

thanks

With 5 people you should be able to carry full fuel in a GVIsp. However, this leg length is not doable 100% of the time. At approximately 3800nm (KFLL-EGGW) and depending on destination weather, you're probably going to stop more often than not - especially on the return leg.

Last edited:
It will just depend on the tailwind. I've done Nassau-Heathrow and landed with over 5000 pounds and it's only an extra 90 miles or so from South Florida. You can always tank up, launch, and keep close watch on the fuel. Around 30 West, if you don't like what the box says, call your handler on the batphone and arrange a stop in Shannon. Westbound, you'll probably have to stop every time.

Run the short plan with your flight planning agency. With a nice average tailwind you should be able to make it over. On the way back, fly fast and stop in Bangor for the tech stop and clear customs.

Thanks for the replies - as I thought. It is now understood that we may make it there but will stop coming back - always. Now lets just hope the deal comes together...

As someone who has done this leg (FXE-EGGW-FXE) at least 50 times in 5 years you can do it. Coming back you have to file a route bringing you east of Bermuda. You will most often have to slow to .77. We had to stop about 1 out of 10 times. Weather was always VFR from Norfolk south. Never landed with less than 2500 lbs. Going over was never a problem, always made it. No wet footprint if you plan it right. Good luck on the deal.:)

Latest resources

Back