• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Re-interview at SWA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I inverviewed about 4 years ago, after my rejection I called the PD and asked how can I better myself in the future should another chance to interview arise. They called back within two weeks and gave me an answer. They are great people their and just the call back alone is one of the many reasons I would like to work for SWA. I am still waiting for my second interview. It has been three years since my reapply and one for online app and that is how long I have been waiting.

All of this info sounds great. I am not getting all stressed out about this, just trying to get my ducks in a row, so I can dazzle them the next time.

As far as trying to improve yourself for the next time, here is another very deep question.

Obviously, one would like to add things to their resume to look more attractive for the interviewer to call you for a second try. Check Airman, Master's/Doctor degree, etc. But in my case my first born child is due in August. So doing all those other things is a distant second to my unborn child and pregnant wife. I am trying to help my wife in every aspect from shopping to cleaning to cooking. (Peanut Butter & Jelly? I could have sworn that was an appropriate dinner. Go figure) And, of course, once little Annabel is born, then being a full-time father for her will take up all my time.
So, I would think someone foregoing the checkairman, extra college, etc in lieu of their family would be EXACTLY what Southwest is looking for. So how does one get that onto the online application to get an interview? Further, if lucky enough for a second call, how does one convince the interviewers that, even though you want to work for SWA, and only SWA, that still the family comes first? I still plan on flying 100 hours per month here to build the PIC time, and will fully plan on 100 hours per month as an FO as well, but going straight from the airport to class and back to the airport again for weeks at a time is not my idea of a good father/husband.
Any thoughts?

Latest resources

Back