• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX DEN RJ's Returning to Mainline Fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did this thread spin so wildy in just 2 pages?

I actaully know the answer to some of the questions here, but it's really mute.

Who will take over QX flying.....?????

I'll give you a hint....

It has 3 numbers between 1 and 8.

318s'...

Side question- Is Horizon shrinking after the Q200's to Commutair deal? Or are more Q400's in the works to maintain fleet size? I've got an old student of mine over there, he'd be furloughed if they do get smaller.

16 Q200's will be subleased to Commutair and we will have aquired 15 Q400's by July 07' for a net loss of one airframe as it stands now.

So word on the street is CommutAir already has pilots going thru class in PDX as we speak. Makes sense if they are getting the first one in January. Is Horizon ever going to announce anything official?? Bueller??

So word on the street is CommutAir already has pilots going thru class in PDX as we speak. Makes sense if they are getting the first one in January. Is Horizon ever going to announce anything official?? Bueller??

From Gene's Corner:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CommutAir[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As you probably heard, we signed a lease with CommutAir for the first Q200 in an expected 16-aircraft deal. The remaining leases will be based on the boilerplate created by this first lease. It’s expected that the remaining leases will be completed in the coming weeks.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our Training department recently welcomed three CommutAir pilots and an FAA inspector to our facility. They are completing the Horizon Q200 initial course, including sim training. From there, we understand CommutAir will develop and train to its own approved training program.[/FONT]

16 Q200's will be subleased to Commutair and we will have aquired 15 Q400's by July 07' for a net loss of one airframe as it stands now.

I've heard that Commutair could use the reamaining 12 Q200's as well. Give it a few months and we might be down 13.

With all this going on, any ideas why we're still hiring so much?

Latest resources

Back