Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skeezer

Yo
Ok before you freak out, what I am looking for is a quick, brush-up type course for getting my A&P. I am already qualified to take the practical (via pt. 147 school) but my stupid butt didn't take it when the information was fresh in my head. (Writtens are all current)

So, before I go and embarass myself on the practical I would like to find a course (maybe a week long), where I can get fresh on the hands on stuff. The knowledge is coming back pretty quick but thats only half the equation.

Someone said trade-a-plane had info on mechanic schools but I don't have access to one and am broke so I can't buy a subscription.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Skeezer

Before i took my oral and practical test i studied the ASA test guide. It has questions they ask on your oral test, every single question the DME asked me was in the book! It also has practical projects that they might have you do, which is also in the book.. It helped me out a lot. I dont know, You might already have the ASA books, but i thought this might help you out some. Good luck!

Skeezer,

What part of the country do you live in? Courses are available all over. Bakers in TN is perhaps the best known. But there are ones closer. Let me know what region you're in, and I'll get a phone number for the nearest course or school for you. A quick refresher will give you the writtens and practicals, sometimes over a week, sometimes over a weekend. Depends how ready you are.

whoops! I meant to put in where I lived in my original post but I forgot. Right now I am living in SW Ohio (Dayton area), but if there are any schools in Northern California (SF Bay area or nearby) I can do that just as easy. I appreciate the help!

Skeezer

Here are a few places you can start. Evaluate them for yourself, and see which will fit best with your plans. Good luck!

Dallas School of Aeronautics
www.dsafly.com
Addison, TX
800 964-5862

Federal Exams
www.federalexams.com
Oklahoma City, OK
800 787-2340

Bakers School of Aeronautics
www.bakerssch.com
Memphis, TN
800 264-1787