Questions about the Eagle medical?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Why do they do a medical? Are'nt they the only regional that does this? Is it legal to do if you have a no limitations 1st class? (I'm thinking ADA). Anybody ever have a problem with this? I want to work for them really bad but I hate medicals!!!

Thanks

Medical

Aside from checking the overall health of potential newhires they also administer a cognitive skills test. This test is, in reality, another part of your interview. They also drug test you and fingerprint you during the medical.

In the big picture it's all good cuz you're getting a free comprehensive medical including blood work, ekg, ear and eye tests... etc. If/when they find something wrong that sends up a flag they work with the applicants to resolve the issue.

They don't check your prostate so don't sweat it.

I had a student just get on with them and he says they're hiring like crazy and can't find enough applicants.

good luck!!

Eagle Sucks

I know what you mean. Eagle was my very first interview and same thing happened to me. I went threw the whole interview and pases fine. Got my letter of employment and they asked if I could stay an extra day for the medical so I say OK. Went threw the medical portion of it and the lady said that I did not have 20/20 vision when just 4 months earlier I took one and had 20/15. Got back home and I got a letter from them that said that my EGK had some problems and I would have to go out on my own and get a new one and I did'nt pass the eye exam. Here's the catch! They also wrote in the letter if I did not show proof that I passes both of these in two weeks I was considered to be unemployed from them. So I made some appointments and went and got anouther EGK at the hospital that costed around $150 and I went to an eye doctor for an exam also $100 and redid my medical $75 total I paid $325 total eagle paid $0. Here are the results the was EGK fine there is nothing wrong with me. Eye exam fine 20/20 with a little stigmatism and a brand new 1st class medical. So I sent all the results to eagle and come to find out after 2 days that I sent all that off the review board decided not to hire me.
SO what do you think of that.

I say screw you Eagle...

Not to rub salt into your wounds but...perhaps it was your attitude and the fact that you write EKG as EGK that didn't get you the job....Buckwheat.

Goodstick said:
Not to rub salt into your wounds but...perhaps it was your attitude and the fact that you write EKG as EGK that didn't get you the job....Buckwheat.
I don't think he's got an attitude, he (as I would be) is pissed about the fact that an airline, which is understaffed, actually uses a medical exam to filter people, moreover when they are playing with your health state. Not fair.

quote:
"They don't check your prostate so don't sweat it. "

They did 6 years ago...... :mad:

Most thorough exam I've ever had in my life. They even took x-rays.

Big Deal

who gives the shi* if it is ekg or egk I made a mistake I am only 25 and I have never had to have one in my life. What I am pissed about is that they have the equipment down there and oviously they don't know how to use it, because why would I get a letter that said I had a problem with mine then when I get a new one here that I have to pay for it is ok? Number 2 what pisses me off when I called that HR lady down there and tell her about my situation and how I spent all this money to play ball with them she acted like I did'nt even exist and did'nt even care about my problem.

What Some Airlines Do To People

Well it sounds like they did give you a raw deal. I had to jump thru alot of hoops myself 6 years ago and when offered a job I thought it was all worth it. Back then it was a totally different attitude about Eagle. But for the most part I appreciated the medical because I know there was absolutely nothing wrong with me medically at the end. Now as far as the prostate...I could have passed up that one.

Latest resources

Back