Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

erika

Hello,

I am 28 years old (born April 1975) and am considering my military flying options. I am currenly enlisted in the Army National Gaurd (former USMCR), and my contract is up in a few months. I am a commercial pilot and have about 1500 hours (330 multi) as well as a Bachelors degree. I was in AFROTC for a year or so many years ago, and scored in the 90's on the pilot section of the AFOQT (before I started flight training).

At this point, age is obviously an issue. I would prefer AF ANG/RES fixed wing, but would also consider fixed wing and the Army.

It appears that units with UPT slots have them for Fiscal 2005. However, I will turn 30 halfway through FY05. What can I do about this? What units have slots available in the nearest term?

Thanks,
Erik

Concentrate on AFRES

AFRC has more of a "rolling admissions" policy than the ANG which seems to select people for a year or two out. Get picked up by one of the bi-annual Reserve boards and you will likely get priority for class dates based upon your critical age. I was selected at 28 1/2, commissioned a month after my 29th birthday and started UPT a month after that. I personally know people a few months older than me who were literally given immediate class dates after the board met because of their critical age.

Latest resources

Back