• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question Regarding NJA sell-off trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Becasue a guy started a thread on the topic...no other reason, except maybe we're bored out of our gourds.

The guys who were flying the spirit struck work were not flying spirit tail numbers. I think they flew for falcon air or something like that. They did use spirit wings flight numbers though. Not that it makes a difference but seems like a lot of scabs are not flying actual equipment by the company on strike but using their flight numbers.

When a 121 carrier, say United, strikes the other union carriers refuse to fly "struck work". That means the pilots at the other carriers (US Air, Delta, American, ect) won't let their management add the city pairs that United held. Now if they were already flying a city pair and traffic for that city pair goes way up due to the strike then that's the way it goes.

The term "Scab" refers to those who come on property and fly the striking carriers airplanes. In this example if you agreed to go fly a United Boeing 757 while the United pilots were on strike you would be a scab whether you are a United pilot or not.

If you are a Delta pilot and you continue to fly from Chicago to Atlanta, just like you did before the strike, then you are NOT a scab. United pilots do not blame you for continuing to fly your routes, even though your loads just went through the roof as a result of the strike. In fact, Delta can even add lift to the city pair to accommodate the heavier loads. That is considered good to the striking United pilots. They WANT their management to see all those dollars flying out the door to the competitor.

Fractional do not fly city pairs, so that comparison doesn't really work. But we do fly airplanes. If somebody comes in and flies your company aircraft during a strike then they are by all means a scab. If another company comes in and flies those passengers then they are NOT scabs. If you were a NetJets pilot and NetJets pilots went on strike then you would WANT NetJets to charter. That cost is exactly what is going to bring NetJets management to the table quicker. As a striking NetJet pilot you should not look at some charter company pilots as scabs. Those charter pilots are doing way more than you with your picket sign in HPN or CMA to bring closure to the strike.

Nobody at any union company expects anyone at any other company to lose their job over the strike. They just expect others to honor the strike by not flying the aircraft controlled by the company that is being struck.
Bingo!

IF NetJets were to go on strike, and IF you find yourself flying a QS tail, you are from that moment forward dead to me.

If you are not flying a QS tail, then be thankful for the honest day's work.

I couldn't agree more glasspilot. The term "scab" gets thrown around too much these days.

Bingo!

IF NetJets were to go on strike, and IF you find yourself flying a QS tail, you are from that moment forward dead to me.

If you are not flying a QS tail, then be thankful for the honest day's work.

I couldn't agree more glasspilot. The term "scab" gets thrown around too much these days.

Agree 100%.

Oh god. I have to agree with glasspilot. Where is the "face in palm" icon?

ah common, I'm not so bad...

Latest resources

Back