Question for UAL guys please!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hair-on-Fire said:
Get a life, Gary. Why don't you go back to your JBLU bashing on the UAL ALPA board where you can't hide behind an annomyous name?

I doubt that T10 is Gary. Plus he doesn't bash JBLU on the ALPA board.

I had a gate agent in DEN about a year ago say she could not put me on unless I was listed. So I called 800-UAL-LIST right at the gate, listed, then she put me on. That's the only time that has ever happened though. The way CASS works, it just takes them a second and I don't think they care if you are listed or not...mostly.

32LT10 said:
You don't have to list to jumpseat on UAL. All you have to do is present yourself at the departure gate.

Was her accent as bad as the guy I heard flying "Jet'aBlue" recently. Of course he was answering his radio calls, they were just unintelligible.

Had a full fare ticket going on UAL from IAD to BOS. TRWs all over the place between those two places and IFR in BOS. It's late afternoon and co-pilot gets on in a heavy mexican accent and says that were ready to roll on time. I didnt think he checked with clnc yet and as his accent was pretty thick and his english was bad, I decided to listen to your channel 9 or whatever your ATC thing is and see how that was going to work out (I never listen to that, but this was one time that I knew it was going to be interesting and embarrassing). His announcement over that PA was truly embarrassing....you would have cringed had you heard that 32LT10. Cptn came on a few minutes later (in good ENGLISH) and announced a 1:30 min delay....as I would have expected. Well, dont think I have ever heard a gnd controller chew anyone out as hard as they did in IAD with your mexican kid there. Controller said, "Just stop right there!" and it only got better from there. Anyway, in flight (as I knew it would be interesting) controller reads off a new clnc....Paco mis reads the clnc and they start going to the wrong fix. I was just about to tell the FA to tell Paco that he's going the wrong way and then the clnc changed again.

Dont bag on the JBLU guys when you have em there at UAL too.

Last edited:
Moderator Input

You know, the gent only asked a legitimate question about listing and having trouble with the outsourced agent's english.

Is that any reason to start yet another uncalled-for JetBlue bash?

Please act like adults here, folks. 32, I don't expect to hear anything else from you negative (cabin cleaning, etc) unless you want to go take another vacation.

And no piling on 32 in retribution, either, gang...

EF

32LT10 said:
You don't have to list to jumpseat on UAL. All you have to do is present yourself at the departure gate.

Well I showed up about 17 minutes before push the other day and got left behind cause "I don't have time to list you as a standby passenger."

What say you?

And BTW.... Yeah, I help clean the cabin, I toss a few bags, grab a stroller now and then and push a wheelchair when my fellow employee needs my help. So what? Are you too good to help your brother out?

Gup

Last edited:
Had a similar experience not too long ago. I quit using UAL. Commuting is hard enough without getting a hard time from the gate agents.

I have also gotten to the gate literaly a minute or two before closing the door at USair and had them bust arse to get me on. Kudos to the USair folks.

While we're at it- I was out playing on the West Coast last week, and caught three rides on Delta. Actually had an agent put me up in First, and all three flight crews and cabin crews were very professional, despite the recent turmoil over there. Many thanks to all, and I got the opportunity to return the favor by putting a commuting Delta FO up in Biz today.

Ty, thanks. My backup to CA is DAL but the flight leaves 2 hours later. I may do that if the UAL thing does not work. Either way, I will let you all know how it worked out.

LH

Latest resources

Back