Question for the hardcore commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DCitrus9,

Memphis has built moving walkways between all concourses which links them together inside security.

You do have the option of clearing security at any of the three concourses though, but once your inside security you can go to all concourses without re-clearing. They did this because the Northwest Airlinks are located in the C and A concourses.

profjetpilot,
where is the walkway located? I haven't tried commuting through there for a while, but I haven't noticed it on layovers. sorry for the bad info...

DCitrus9,

If you clear security at B terminal you will see the walkways on your left and right as you enter the secured area. The one on your right goes to A concourse and the one on your left goes to the C concourse. It's been a while since I've been to the Air Tran gate, but I think they moved you guys to the north side of this new walkway, so you'd probably go out of the one with the security checkpoint since it is closer to the exit.

Take Care

1900laker, You may be able to walk a mile from STL's E. Terminal to C & D of main term, and I think there's a passageway to B where TSA and CHQ are, but Concourse A, where NW, DAL, US Air, Continental are is its own little world.

chief11ac,

Thank you for removing what you said. I also removed my response.

But just a little FYI... you're acting like this is classified info that we are discussing here on FlightInfo. Get real here?

I could think of a lot worse things that a terrorist could do. The thing that scares me the most is what if some terrorist got a hold of a cheap stinger missle launcher (the real portable ones). He could go out to any major airport and do whatever. To me, that is the probably the biggest threat, and I don't know what the U.S. has done about it.

So when you look at a threat like that, I think a terrorist could give a sh.it if the terminals in some airport are connected or not. In the future, please don't step in on any threads like you are Mr. CIA agent who is "running things." Thanks.

1900laker, You may be able to walk a mile from STL's E. Terminal to C & D of main term, and I think there's a passageway to B where TSA and CHQ are, but Concourse A, where NW, DAL, US Air, Continental are is its own little world.

I stand corrected, A terminal is separate and all others are connected. Sorry about that.

flight-crew said:
CVG??? .... Delta to Northwest?

Sorry, I think NW flys out of terminal 1 and there is quite a walk to be done. I flew up on ACA took the train to terminal 3 and walked to 1, made it through security and to the gate in about 45 min.

However last week we brought back a Comair pilot who landed behind us. He got some one to drive him across the ramp and made it in 10.

Latest resources

Back