• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

328dude

Still turning two
Question for Southwest guys/gals.

Wbid or Bid Meister? Also, is Moostro worth it?

Just curious from a new guy....

Last edited:
Im my opinion Bid Meister is much better than wBid. Most use wBid because it is easier to learn and that's what they started with. It takes a bit more effort to learn how to use Bid-Meister, but well worth it!

I have heard that, but heard that you need some computer and "code" know how in order to use Meister. Just wanted to get some opinions on which program is better to learn, use, better support, reliable before I decide which one to start learning.

I take it both are supported by CWA. Is that correct?

i bid is MUCH better ... but you need a mac

Also, moostro is not worth it. Learn to read the release instead ....

If for nothing else, Moostro is nice for the monthly calendar you can print out. Very simple to read and without extraenous crap that your wife can't decipher. Also, you can add little notes on there and make it your primary scheduling system for stuff like doctor appointments and whatnot if you aren't a member of the pda generation.

The moose sheets aren't a neccessity but are nice to have if you fumble a frequency. Many times the same guys who say things on the order of 'moose sheets are lame' are the first guys peaking at yours if they miss a frequency readback or if they are wondering about that clearance we usually get, is that gonna be 30 or 40 miles south of Joliet at 10000? I think the upfront cost on moostro is around 40 bucks a year but if you send in one update a month (freq change, a station that has services that didn't, a routing change) you get another free month. Thus, I haven't paid since my first payment, although I have sent in 30 or updates. I'm pretty sure moose is free for the first month or 3 or something, if you are at all interested, try it and then don't continue if you think it is a crutch for the weak and the lame (and if that is the case, no peaking at the VNAV descent page but do your mental math and go from there. we don't need no stinking computer).

If you were in the AF then you will probably need Moostro, if you are civilian all the info you need is there in front of you.

If you were a civilian, you'll probably continue using stale stereotypes to bandage your latent jealousy for people who didn't have to fly cancelled checks at night.

If you were military, you'll probably throw down the 40 bucks and continue being a quiet professional, just smiling and shaking your head when somebody with a different aviation upbringing takes yet another cheapshot at you.

What did I say? Some guys have something against it, not sure what is up with the attitude. Moostro is nice to have in that it gives you SOME information which is not on the release or on the 10-7 page. Namely, the 'expect' portions, i.e. expect JOT/-10 at 6000. sometimes we get that on our 10-7, many times not. Is moostro necessary to fly the plane? No. Does it sometimes help to fly it more efficiently? Yes. The other thing nice about moose sheets is everything is there on one 4x5 inch piece of paper vs. paging through the 10-7, 10-9, release. But, you definitely don't need it and it has become less of a value-added product as more of the information that used to only be on moose sheets gets added to 10-7 pages, etc.

But, if you have a thin skin or are worried about the other pilot making fun of you for having moostro, better not get it. The 'good pilots' don't need it, so anyone that uses it (me) must be a lame air force guy. Sorry, but I'm just a lame navy guy.

i bid is MUCH better ... but you need a mac

Explain to me what "i bid" is-- where do I find it. I've searched this forum and the web with no luck, and I use a mac.

To the new guy: My recommendation on Moostro is to get it, use it, then justs cancel it if you don't like it or need it. Among the other things mentioned, I also use it to see what my next departure will probably be and look it over before I land. Time is precious at the gate. Most FOs that I know use it, many Captains that I've flown either use it or have looked to me for information that is on the sheet. Welcome to the company buddy!

Wbid or Bid Meister? Also, is Moostro worth it?

Just curious from a new guy....

I use the WBid....not as much as I used to....but I use it a little bit....now I just pcik out the top 10-12 lines I like and go with it from there....sometimes it works out....sometimes it doesn't.

Don't use the Moostro sheets....But I come from a 121 background....If you think you need them, go for it....you can laways quit them it you want.

Tejas

Latest resources

Back