• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Pinnacle folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, my mistake. I was hired as a street captain in 2001 with 2500 TT. Requirements must have changed, sorry for the bad info!

The required times for the Saab were a little less than the CRJ.

3500 TT

plus:

2000 ME
1500 Turbine

each of these can be reduced in the 1 for 1 manner that was described above, max of 500 hours for each catagory.

note: Don't forget about a good 30-40 senior FO's with the time and seniority holding out until things balance out. With staffing these days, the real junior CA's are going to get screwed over.

I must agree it may hit the mid 600's in the near future, but then again flying 90 hours a month those mid range guys may suddenly come into play. A good number of 500+ hr folks were hired in feb-may 2002, they may be in range to make a difference early '04 and really screw things up.

They planned poorly (no surprise here), but I am cautious on street Captains again.. If it was to happen, they would be guaranteed reserves until they got a better job!

I also would not be surprised "if" the company started going back to projected upgrade AND taking from the group who are slighly beneath the 3000TT as they did in mid 2002.

Lear70 said:
The gap between guys who have the seniority to hold it but not the flight time is getting bigger every vacancy and will continue that trend due to the LARGE number of people who were hired with anywhere between 500 and 1500 hours total time.

There is a vacancy every month these days that has around 20 Captains each, and only about half the F/O's have the time and we're up to August effective dates at Seniority # 515. Projected out:

September 1st Effective Date - Seniority 555
October 1st Effective Date - Seniority 595
November 1st Effective Date - Seniority 635
December 1st Effective Date - Seniority 675, and so on and so forth...

Should get interesting, as by the end of the year that gap may get even wider, getting into the seniority ranges of guys who are still on probation. Cool stuff, getting to upgrade within a year!

Not quite realistic. About half of the pilot passing on upgrade are qualified but holding out for one last summer of nice schedules. Expect to see these people submitting by late summer. The mid-500's on the seniority list also hold some of our most experienced low seniority pilots. Many furloughed Northwest, Sun Country, and United folks in there.

As the market hours fade off towards the end of the summer also expect the training department to go back to the 8 upgrades/month like they did for most of 2003. Personally I doubt we will see any captains in the 600's before '05 and surely as the deliveries taper off most of the senior FO's will put in before its to late.

DoinTime said:
Personally I doubt we will see any captains in the 600's before '05 and surely as the deliveries taper off most of the senior FO's will put in before its to late.

Wanna make a bet on it? ;) I got $20 says 600 seniority CA awards by a December effective date, or, just to make it interesting, loser has to buy a round of drinks for as many of our coworkers that are at the Wheat and Rye on the particular night the bet is settled... that way EVERYONE gets to enjoy! :D

Latest resources

Back