Question for Navy pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airmasn

I sold a pair of Telex headsets to a supposed Navy pilot overseas (FPO) on amazon. He claims they do not work but that he had to etch his name in them prior to taking them to the flightline "per Navy regulations."
Seems like he's trying to send me his broken headset back and keep the one I sold him.
Is the etching a regulation or BS?

Its BS. Sorry.

Etching is a requirement. First letter of first name, first letter of last name, last four.

It's for identification of items brought into the plane by pilots that are not issued.

That being said, he may be trying to rip you off. Or not. No telling.

I sold a pair of Telex headsets to a supposed Navy pilot overseas (FPO) on amazon. He claims they do not work but that he had to etch his name in them prior to taking them to the flightline "per Navy regulations."
Seems like he's trying to send me his broken headset back and keep the one I sold him.

Give him his money back, write him a thank you letter for his service and send him the naked pictures of your sister you keep hidden in the back of your sock drawer.

Does he have the right electrical setup or is he flying a civilian airplane the Navy purchased and did not modify? The adapters Sporty's sell don't convert the current just the jacks to mil plug spec. Maybe he needs the ones Marv Golden has on their website that do the conversion in both jack size and electrically.

he scratched his name in them = he bought them for good. end of story.

if his feelings are hurt tell him to go play a round of volleyball then shower off with his squadron buds

Latest resources

Back