Question for ALPA insiders...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

How do ALPA (or APA, SWAPA, etc) officers and reps travel on union business? Does the airline provide positive space travel or does the union buy tickets retail? wholesale?

Does anyone just travel non-rev or jumpseat?

Just trying to get a feeling for union budgets for travel.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Alpa rep. buys ticket with cash out of travel fund. Alpa rep then rides via jump. Alpa rep then Cash's ticket in. Alpa rep losses paperwork or pleads sorry overlooked this occurance. "Here's the cash." Alpa National pleads ignorance to fact, if said rep has been taking it up the rear from National if required to advance Nationals bias representation strategy.

I think most ALPA Reps non rev, or just jumpseat on other carriers. ALPA will reimburse you for airfare to certain events, but I've never bought a ticket. If you live close enough to where you are going, then it is more advantageious to just drive, as ALPA will pay you for the mileage. Hope that helps.

Since the money comes out of MEC budgets, most volunteers try to watch their spending and jumpseat/non-rev.

Catbird: You're thinking of the old Execjet guys, aren't you? Or do you have factual knowledge to back up your allegations?

Most airline CBA's provide for positive space travel for association business. So most folks travel as positive spacers to and fro. Not sure how the companies charge for this benefit though.

Rez O-

Hello Rez, when your at the weekly Woerth meeting ask him for the special ointment for those carpet burns on your knee's. Most likely he'll just snicker and state. " I'll give you some but you better schedule 2 hours for your next session. Now get out of here, Commodore Beebe and I have a 14:00 Tee Time over at Bethesda."

Walk tall big boy, just ignore the intelligent folks laughing at you. It's nauseating to let your children see you after your weekly "Oral" at the Oval office. Just remember to tell Alpa financial that you only have 4 Impress Accounts with your authorization only. Also Rez don't forget to trash those petty cash receipts. Your incessant babbling concerning "Flying The Line" is a joke to the men who established ALPA. What Alpa was and what it is today is a joke. You sound like National material, if you make the Country Club be sure and bring those broken in kneepads. I'm sure they were fitted in early in life.

Catbird...

Most good health insurance programs cover visits with mental health professionals. Perhaps you could work on some of your issues before they spill over into your job.

Rage is such an ugly thing...

At CALALPA us Reps are givin PS4 autorization on our JA screen. In other words it is a positive space pass. Also, we can list ourselves when ever we want, but only for Union business. Also, there is no cost to any MEC or LEC budget. It is a condition of our CBA.

Frats,

Tony C- I'm glad your dispensing health advice. Please put together a analysis for your leader Woerth and his lackey C Beebe. I realize it might be time consuming but look at it this way. The Symposium that Alpa organizes could be held at Doral Country Club or if Duane and the other huckster's desire a little International travel, the Riviera. Just imagine the possibilities of those EXPENSE RECEIPTS! Keep up the hard work Brother Tony, Duane and Financial could reward you with a new credit card and ultimately a personal chair at the Club House. Just remember toe the National line or those EXPENSE REPORTS WILL come back to haunt you.

Fraternally- CBird

Latest resources

Back